FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   First First tomorrow - thank you (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1981870-first-first-tomorrow-thank-you.html)

IMetThePieMan Aug 6, 2019 3:36 pm

First First tomorrow - thank you

I’m just popping on to say thank you to everyone on FlyerTalk for the ideas and wealth of information contained in this forum. I’m going to be flying First for the first time tomorrow (as well as my first time in 1A in CE). We’re off to JFK on a 2-4-1 redemption. The info I’ve been able to gather from here will hopefully help me to make the most of the experience. So thank you!

whiteheatsyd Aug 6, 2019 3:47 pm

Enjoy the flight!!!

Hilde Aug 6, 2019 7:18 pm

Enjoy your first First! Make sure you report back about your experience :)
Safe travels - and enjoy the Big Apple too!

PS: Live reporting from CCR and the plane pre-takeoff is always fun ;)

Tredders Aug 7, 2019 1:18 am

Enjoy the flight! And don’t forget to tell the crew that it’s your first First. I’m sure they’ll look after you well.

Just one thing, it’s hard to go back to the real world of CW, PE or economy after that 😊

IMetThePieMan Aug 7, 2019 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Tredders (Post 31388393)
Just one thing, it’s hard to go back to the real world of CW, PE or economy after that 😊

We’re coming home in J, so we may have no choice. Need to get out of BHD first though - no-one is going anywhere anytime soon!

Tredders Aug 7, 2019 1:42 am

Originally Posted by IMetThePieMan (Post 31388424)

We’re coming home in J, so we may have no choice. Need to get out of BHD first though - no-one is going anywhere anytime soon!

Hope you get out soon, and enjoy the flight!

IMetThePieMan Aug 7, 2019 1:58 pm

It didn’t go according to plan, unfortunately.

A 3hr delay in BHD, followed by nearly 3hrs sitting on the plane once we arrived at LHR meant that we missed our flight to JFK. The only seats available to NYC tonight were in J, so we took the downgrade (with CCR access though!) and we’re on our way on BA183.

What a day!

marshy11 Aug 7, 2019 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by IMetThePieMan (Post 31391022)
It didn’t go according to plan, unfortunately.

A 3hr delay in BHD, followed by nearly 3hrs sitting on the plane once we arrived at LHR meant that we missed our flight to JFK. The only seats available to NYC tonight were in J, so we took the downgrade (with CCR access though!) and we’re on our way on BA183.

What a day!

Best laid plans and all that. I hope the downgrade didn't spoil your trip too much. Hopefully you'll have the another F to look forward to soon.

rockflyertalk Aug 7, 2019 2:19 pm

That’s a shame but at least you are on your way. If you are G-BYGB then you’re on an 86 Seat refurbed 747. So you have the new Panasonic IFE, which is awesome and you get the new(ish) bedding and catering in J. There should also be WiFi. Enjoy it despite it not being F it’s all better than Y :)

dwugson Aug 7, 2019 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by marshy11 (Post 31391052)
Best laid plans and all that. I hope the downgrade didn't spoil your trip too much. Hopefully you'll have the another F to look forward too soon.

Make sure you claim compensation for the delay! Have a wonderful time in NY

RockyRobin Aug 7, 2019 2:42 pm

Oh no what a pain; I can empathise after my BA001 was taken from me after booking it months earlier.

Fingrs crossed you can get it soon, we have our 1st First in October

Mks6 Aug 7, 2019 2:45 pm

Sorry to hear that, from a fellow BHD flyer.

At least you got CCR and NYC isn't a bad end destination!

Have a great trip.

Sealink Aug 7, 2019 3:02 pm

Tell the crew it is your first First!

And enjoy!

EDIT: saw your update: whoops!

HIDDY Aug 7, 2019 6:31 pm

Hopefully you'll be upgraded on your return flight.

Greenpen Aug 7, 2019 7:51 pm

What a pity! If you don’t get F for the return you’ll have to wait for the experience.