FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   EDI lounge closed due to flood (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1981553-edi-lounge-closed-due-flood.html)

ScottEdin Aug 4, 2019 12:13 pm

EDI lounge closed due to flood

On the LHR flight tonight and gone to the lounge and told it is closed but they are giving out £30 vouchers in place of this to use in any of the retailers apart from superdrug in the terminal.

Thought this was pretty generous.

Looks as if it’ll be closed for a number of days

HighwayToHEL Aug 4, 2019 12:33 pm

The irony. I've been there eight times in the last nine weeks. My flight this coming week is with....FlyMaybe, so I can't use it anyway. Must be fate....

BrianWBrazil Aug 4, 2019 12:40 pm

What is it with BA and lounge flooding? I see these threads very often. Try googling Flood Flyertalk and you'll see what I mean.

ScottEdin Aug 4, 2019 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil (Post 31378508)
What is it with BA and lounge flooding? I see these threads very often. Try googling Flooding Flyertalk and you'll see what I mean.

This one is a roof leak so I’d assume this fault will sit with the airport and I suspect BA will be billing them for the vouchers they’re giving out

Cw novice Aug 4, 2019 1:26 pm

There was quite heavy thunderstorms in central Scotland today. I believe Edinburgh shut for arrivals for around 30 minutes around 3pm.

Not much BA can do about this and I would think that the generosity is due to what they can claw back from the airport (If I'm being cynical).

MarkFlies Aug 4, 2019 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by ScottEdin (Post 31378518)

This one is a roof leak so I’d assume this fault will sit with the airport and I suspect BA will be billing them for the vouchers they’re giving out

That explains why it's £30. If it was BA's fault, it would be £10.

so3003 Aug 4, 2019 5:02 pm

Why can they not be used at Superdrug?!
(Just curious)

HIDDY Aug 4, 2019 5:08 pm

£30 seems a ridiculously high amount to me. A miscommunication perhaps?

ScottEdin Aug 4, 2019 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by so3003 (Post 31379280)
Why can they not be used at Superdrug?!
(Just curious)

No idea, just what the lounge team told me when I got it

ScottEdin Aug 4, 2019 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 31379288)

I thought it was really high too but it seemed to be an automated voucher they printed off the system onto a boarding card. Looks as if it was some sort of drop down menu to get it after they scanned my boarding pass

MarkFlies Aug 4, 2019 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 31379288)

Can GGLs still guest five?

MSPeconomist Aug 4, 2019 11:50 pm

Is there someplace in the airport that sells good champagne?

skiaplg Aug 5, 2019 12:55 am

This is interesting - flying back to London tomorrow night and would be great to get a £30 voucher given I wouldn't be spending too much time in the lounge anyways. On the other hand, with the festival I'm sure the concourse will be heaving!

The _Banking_Scot Aug 5, 2019 1:39 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31380128)
Is there someplace in the airport that sells good champagne?

hi.

there is a champagne bar airside ( flutes and tails iirc)

The _Banking_Scot Aug 5, 2019 1:42 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 31380356)
hi.

there is a champagne bar airside ( flutes and tails iirc)

but have not tried it . There are a couple of priority pass lounges ( aspire and no1) which might be useful but paid for champagne. Lounges could be busy
​​​​​​

sorry for the messd up message but the tablet saved the message when only halfway through compsing it

regards

tbs