Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Multi carrier award mixed cabin

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Multi carrier award mixed cabin

I've heard different things for how much an award will be priced for a multi carrier mixed cabin award ticket. Will BA charge you the price for the longest segments (let's say over 50% of the itinerary) or highest class or pro rata? TPG claimed that it is priced for the longest segments (he was charged business when he has some first class segments). Can anyone confirm?
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Confirmed. It is the longest segment that gets applied to all legs (e.g. you fly LHR-JFK(F)-LAX(F)-LHR(Y) then you pay Y avios for the entire itinerary.

But good luck trying this in practice without access to the GGL line - most agents will not know the rules and it will drive you to insanity and back trying to find availability AND an agent who knows what they are doing.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. If this is possible this would be some of the best use of avios.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 11:17 am

First rule of fight club...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.