Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA codeshare on Aer Lingus DUB-LCY?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:20 am
Original Poster

BA codeshare on Aer Lingus DUB-LCY?

Long time lurker, first time posting. I regularly commute from DUB to LCY on BA. Aer Lingus also fly the route since taking over the flights previously operated by CityJet. My question is - will Aer Lingus and BA ever extend their codeshare arrangements to make these Aer Lingus operated flights bookable on BA.com?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: BA GGL
Probably not as standalone flights, more likely as part of an itinerary with actual BA metal on the route, unless there's some sort of profit sharing agreement for LON-DUB that I don't know about.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:04 am
Suspended

BA don’t need to, they are increasing the number of their own flights. https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-24jul19/
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by richardwft
BA don’t need to, they are increasing the number of their own flights. https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-24jul19/
Sure, but they still want to codeshare.

I think there’s a queue. New routes etc often take a while to get set up. Seeing as BA codeshare on nearly all other UK-Ireland services, it’s very unlikely they’ve decided not to bother with DUB-LCY.

It will happen in time but the fares and all that maybe takes some time and it’s probably low down on the priority list seeing as both airlines are IAG and connecting passengers are a smaller issue compared to, say, LHR.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LCYDUB
Long time lurker, first time posting. I regularly commute from DUB to LCY on BA. Aer Lingus also fly the route since taking over the flights previously operated by CityJet. My question is - will Aer Lingus and BA ever extend their codeshare arrangements to make these Aer Lingus operated flights bookable on BA.com?
Welcome to Flyertalk LCYDUB and welcome to the BA forum, I hope that you will be able to participate further here, the more the merrier.

From a quick look, it appears the only codeshare on the Aer Lingus metal for LCY is Etihad, not BA, whereas BA do offer their services to Aer Lingus for their codeshares. BA isn't madly keen on codeshares and it seems to be a somewhat manual process, so I doubt it will be soon.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: BAEC
Sorry to hijack but I'm flying EDI-DUB with EI ans BA wanted £30 more for the same flight operated by EI on their site than the Aer Lingus one. Seemed a bit strange
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:19 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by u01sss3
Sorry to hijack but I'm flying EDI-DUB with EI ans BA wanted £30 more for the same flight operated by EI on their site than the Aer Lingus one. Seemed a bit strange
There isn't much reason for paying extra if this is a standalone trip but it would earn TPs and probably more Avios than EI coding. If added to other flights then there would be further benefits such as protection and through luggage. Also some corporate fare bring down the gap quite a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.