Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Airbus A350: Which are the best seats? Master discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
There are several other A350 threads in this forum. This wiki provides advice on the best seats on board. For the main A350 thread - with links to other data sources - see this main thread on deliveries, routes and reviews: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...iews-more.html. No First on board A350 1000 aircraft from BA for the foreseeable future.

MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Code: 351

Club World (Suites) (Business)
  • 56 seats in total, over two cabins, forward cabin with 44 seats, aft cabin with 12 seats (29” seat width, 79” lie-flat bed, 18.5” HD IFE screen from Panasonic, USB charging and wifi).
  • Toilets: 3, 1 in the forward galley area (A side), there are also 2 between the two cabins (between rows 11 and 15).
  • Club Kitchen Area: snacks, drinks and space to stretch is between the two cabins (between rows 11 and 15).
  • Bassinet areas: 1 K and 15 A K are the three bassinet choices in Club World on this aircraft. (confirmed now, image here)
General CW suite comments:
  • Couples may prefer to use the middle seat pairs as they can slide the partition to still see and talk to each other if they are not so bothered about not having a direct window(s).
  • The second mini cabin may be better for a more private feeling but likely also be last to get food.
  • The front cabin is further away from the engines so is likely quieter than the smaller rear cabin for this aspect, mid cabin may be best in this regard but worst for food (as served from both ends)
  • If door 2 is used to disembark (apparently at LHR it will always be door 2) then you’ll also be off quicker in the rear smaller cabin than those in the forward Club Suites cabin.
  • If you have to get up a lot and stretch your legs, a place near the club kitchen (rows 11 or 15) is likely best as aisles are very narrow.
Front Cabin:

Row 1:
  • A K have two windows
  • 1K is a bassinet seat
  • All seats in row 1 have storage spaces, flat surfaces used by crew and therefore potential activity by crew around seat area
  • First row to get served food.
Row 2: A K offset windows mean less than 2 full windows at seat
Row 3, 4: A K have one window only
Row 5, 6: A K offset windows mean less than 2 full windows at seat
Row 7: A K have one window only
Row 8: A K offset windows mean less than 2 full windows at seat
Row 9, 10: A K have two windows
Row 11: A K have one window only (and great views of the wing/engine) Closest to door 2 if that is used to disembark. Be aware that the overhead bin has reduced space due to emergency items that are housed here (from this trip report)

Rear (Smaller) Cabin:

Note: some FTers have noted that vibrations in the rear cabin could make sleeping harder. corporate-wage-slave, bigmerv

Row 15:
  • has a bit less length in the foot well area
  • A K have two windows
  • A K are bassinet seats
  • has storage spaces, flat surfaces and potential activity by crew around seat area
Row 16: A K have 2 full windows at seat and views of the engine. (best seats for the view so far it seems)
Row 17: A K have one window only, should be best for the sleepers as only one window and most secluded space in the Club cabin. It has views of the wing/engine.

World Traveller Plus (Economy Plus)
  • 56 seats in total, all in one cabin (18.7” seat width, 38” seat pitch, 12” HD IFE screen, USB charging and wifi).
  • Toilets: none exclusive to this cabin, need to use the WT toilets back between rows 35 and 40.
  • Bassinet seats are 20A, 20E, 20F and 20K. These seats are normally blocked, except to passengers with children under 2 years old, until T-72 to T-48 hours, when they may be available to people who ring up; or at OLCI stage at T-24 hrs. (see post here for image)
  • Moveable Armrests: rows 21 through 26 on aisle seats (row 20 bulkheads do not have moving armrests) TBC?

It appears BA has recognised the (previous) size and placement issues with the IFE boxes under the seats (in the 787/A380) and both the number of IFE boxes is lower and size (where they are needed) is thinner and less intrusive in WT+ on the A350, however, avoid seat 21E in WT+ due to the bigger IFE box that may affect leg room in that seat. Picture here (2/3 of way down that post) The IFE boxes are only under the first row of seats (so affect the foot area of the second row of pax only and are generally thin with the exception of 21E. All other WT+ rows have no IFE boxes restricting foot space. TBC.

Row 20 AB and JK are bulkhead seats and will be the most popular seats with the most legroom, no one in front of you, and only 2 seats each side compared to the middle 4 seat block. Also first row to get food choice. Picture here (last of 3 in that post). Note that A and K are bassinet seats though so may not be available to you (or may have a small person there on your flight!) Note that the bulkhead stops one from stretching out in full so taller people may actually prefer a second or further back row over the bulkhead.

Row 26 is the last row of WT+ and therefore only bulkhead behind so may be best for the recliners amongst us as they can recline without worry for the duration of the flight. The bulkhead on the JK side is very far back so no restriction on recline there at least (not sure about middle or AB sides) Last to get food choice though for this cabin.

World Traveller (Economy Section)
  • 219 seats in total, over two cabins, forward cabin with 52 seats, aft cabin with 167 seats (17.6” seat width, 31” seat pitch, 10” HD IFE screen, USB charging and wifi.
  • Toilets: 6, of which 4 are between the two cabins (between rows 35 and 40) where the majority of people will go and wait making the front of the second cabin quite the queuing area. Only two toilets are at the rear and this area will be high traffic due to the 7 cabin crew having to serve 275 people from that one rear galley!
  • Bassinet areas: Row 30 A and K, row 31 E in forward smaller cabin, row 40 E in aft larger cabin (bulkhead areas).
  • Moveable Armrests: rows 30 through 59 on all non-bulkhead seats? TBC
It appears BA has recognised the (previous) size and placement issues with the IFE boxes under the seats (in the 787/A380) and both the number of IFE boxes is lower and size (where they are needed) is thinner and less intrusive in WT on the A350. The IFE boxes are only under the first row of seats (so affect the foot area of the second row of pax only and are generally thin. All other WT rows have no IFE boxes restricting foot space. Picture here (2/3 of way down that post)

Forward cabin (rows 30 to 35) will likely be best for seat choice as a higher percentage of the best seats in addition to being the smaller cabin, plus closer to exit upon arrival.

Row 30 (AB, JK) are bulkhead seats with extra legroom compared to the middle section (from photos at least) Picture here (middle picture of that post)

31C, 31H have no seat in front of them, effectively providing unlimited leg room.

Row 31 DEF are bulkhead and bassinet seats but may not have as much legroom as the window bulkhead sections). TBC.

Row 35 ABC and HJK are almost opposite the middle section toilets and have no recline from an article as well as first hand report due to bulkhead being moved forward to ensure enough space for the toilet behind as well as exit door 3. It is reported that only ABC and HJK are affected, not DEF (TBC). In lieu of the recline in ABC and HJK, an extra 1" of seat pitch is found at these seats (so 32") but repeat NO recline. Image of seats affected here:

Original image credit: Tom Otley

Row 40 DEF is a bulkhead row with what looks like decent legroom, however, they are also bassinet seats and very close proximity to the main 4 toilets for WT+/WT cabins. Likely more protected from people encroaching on space than row 41 seats though.

Row 41 ABC and HJK are also ‘bulkhead’ seats with unlimited legroom but as they are behind the emergency exit door 3 and a common queuing area for the toilets between the two WT cabins, this will be a place where people queue and stretch reducing the potential legroom available. 41 A and K may be protected from people standing in their area but the door looks to encroach slightly on their space. Picture here (first picture of that post). There is a full window at seat 41K (and 41A is assumed but no picture of 41A yet).

Row 58 and 59 seats may be the least desirable for several reasons (last off, closest to the galley and toilets at the rear with the highest footfall area in the plane.

59B has no seat beside (no 59A) so although the last row on the plane it has a bit more room to lean/sleep/put things! (bulkhead behind so also private and can recline without issue, however, not possible to get up on the A side and get out.

Rear cabin (rows 40 to 59): seats on the window side of the ailses (ABC and HJK) benefit from marginally greater pitch than the seats located in the central block (DEF). The difference is fractional of an inch though.

Links to pictures/seat maps/screen shots much appreciated! Re: Pictures, thanks to everyone posting images in this thread so that they can be linked to in the wiki and helpful to those trying to decide where to sit. ^

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:55 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G

The questions are already starting, thought I would start this thread along the lines of the other excellent seat resources on the forum.

Wiki has the info I have noted from videos, blogs and other sources, obviously all without having actually been on the aircraft yet myself so still subject to change once people get onboard and can verify, add or correct the info.

Official Seat Map: (courtesy and copyright of BA)

Please post your thoughts and questions in the thread...

Safe travels.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
41HJK -

30JK -

20JK -
BotB likes this.

Last edited by teledude; Aug 2, 2019 at 4:26 am
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
This aircraft will obviously bring a lot more consistency with seat choice, thankfully!
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:17 am

Best wing views from J are 10/11/15

15 has the benefit of increased foot room.
Trent900 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
That second picture above is 30JK and not 20JK as captioned.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Airprox
That second picture above is 30JK and not 20JK as captioned.
So it is - 2 seconds to find the right picture
george77300 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
It appears BA has recognised the issue with the IFE boxes under the seats and at least from pictures I have seen the IFE box is thinner and less intrusive in WT+, there does appear to be more space in the A and K seats than the B or J seats for leg room, however, the box is far thinner than in the past (from very few pictures so this comes with a big caveat until people fly it!)
Is the entertainment box also less intrusive in WT? That's where it is the real problem on the 787, essentially occupying the entire space where you would want to put your foot (without having to angle your pelvic or knee joint). Has the A350 got a smaller entertainment box, alleviating this problem?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: BA GGL
Re: J bassinets.

BA's in app seat map shows 15A/K as the only two in that cabin, none shown rows 1 through 11.

This could well change, but that is what's market out currently.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:40 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flatlander
Is the entertainment box also less intrusive in WT? That's where it is the real problem on the 787, essentially occupying the entire space where you would want to put your foot (without having to angle your pelvic or knee joint). Has the A350 got a smaller entertainment box, alleviating this problem?
Good question, I haven't yet found any pictures that show the floor area (or under the seats from behind) to tell...Hopefully they are the same as what I have seen in the W+ section though (if indeed what I am thinking is the IFE is correct)...

I haven't looked at all the videos from the 29th Press day so maybe someone will be able to say that was there (or see it in a video)...

The WT+ box looks to be only about 1.5" thick and attached to the aisle side seat mounting brace. I hope it is okay to post the following cropped photos from third party sites with links to those pages and crediting them for the photos...MODs please amend or let me know if this falls foul of the rules.

First from God Save the Points (link: https://www.godsavethepoints.com/bri...m-club-suites/ ) this crop:

Also from Simply Flying, link: https://simpleflying.com/ba-a350-best-seats/ this different seat and cropped photo:

Hope that helps and illustrates what I imagine to be the IFE box changes. Looking at other photos of the middle row of seats it does not appear the F side has an outboard IFE box so maybe they are both inset near the centre seats? Time and experience will tell...

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks

BA's in app seat map shows 15A/K as the only two in that cabin, none shown rows 1 through 11.

Excellent, thank you, I thought I had read that somewhere from the main A350 discussion thread for those booked on DXB / YYZ but couldn't find it so this is useful. Cheers. ^ I'll update the wiki with this info.

Any other photos, corrections, additions people have noted so far? TIA.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks

I'm sure its also 1K. Wife and i are booked in the new year with the baby, and she was allocated to 1K
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I commissioned the BAFT Art Department to produce a higher resolution version of the Club World cabin layout. Window positions are included so I hope this version will be useful to you. A link to this thread been added to the forum Dashboard.

Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:52 am

Seat selection map from ba.com

BotB likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 4:36 am

My information is that bassinet mounts are at 1K, 15A and 15K.
BotB and george77300 like this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 4:37 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

EDIT: seems we have a confirmation in the posts below so unless this changes, we now know where the bassinets are in Club and WT+. Wiki updated.

Last edited by BotB; Aug 3, 2019 at 5:26 am Reason: bassinets in club resolved for now.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 4:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Prospero
I commissioned the BAFT Art Department to produce a higher resolution version of the Club World cabin layout. Window positions are included so I hope this version will be useful to you. A link to this thread been added to the forum Dashboard.
This helpful post from the BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread is probably worth noting here too:

Originally Posted by BotB
From a Head for Points article (and info from JFX1764) on the new Club Suite:

Rows 3, 4, 7, 11 and 17 all have one window only.

Rows 2, 5, 6, 8 and 16 have one and a half windows each

Whilst rows 1, 9, 10 and 15 all have two windows.

So, be ready to bag your preference!

Safe travels.
chilglish likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.