Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What details can BA staff see about your status/flight history?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What details can BA staff see about your status/flight history?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 5:43 am

Will they know my last two flights were cancelled and zero compensation offered?

// Not a genuine question
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Recently on legs 12/13/14 or what should have been those legs (sore point) of a 3 ticket itinerary involving a Scandinavia to East Coast tier point run I was addressed by name, first time ever. I had recently dropped to Rust but had got back about 500TP by that point. Can only assume it was down to more frequent than usual J activity showing in the iPad.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: CX SL, BAEC Gold, IHG, Hyatt, Starwood,Ritz Carlton Reward
Originally Posted by flyer200
Will they know my last two flights were cancelled and zero compensation offered?

// Not a genuine question

Oh they do know... I was on CE last year to Larnaca, the Purser came to chat to all GCH as there was ample time to do so. She did a bit of reading up and apologised for the multiple times I had been delayed prior to that particular flight. I asked her curiously how she know, she said iPad prompted her to specifically greet me and address the tardiness issue. Then she goes to mention my 28 mins late arrival LHR-JFK in F...

Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:34 pm

Going back from SIN this summer in Y I got greeted by the CSD before departure. She also congratulated me on my renewal of the Gold card. So this is also something they can see on the Ipad.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Not the Ipad so to say, but the lady at check-in on Saturday in LHR asked me why I was flying to Paris if I was heading out to Mexico the following day. I mentioned it was to fly CDG-LHR-MEX and she laughed and said, oh yes, I see that now. How come you did that? My answer, about 800 dollars per person cheaper, even with the positioning flights factured in. She smiled and said "well played". I should really have credited the people of FT.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
If you're an Executive Club member, BA knows everything about you.

If you're a mere OneWorld Emerald from another FFP, they just don't want to know. Even though I have an account on BA.com, I need to enter all my details — FFP number, phone number, e-mail, passport details — for every single booking.
So I'm BA Gold with no future BA trips but a couple of QR trips with my BA number in there. If I was on BA could they see that?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TTmex
Not the Ipad so to say, but the lady at check-in on Saturday in LHR asked me why I was flying to Paris if I was heading out to Mexico the following day. I mentioned it was to fly CDG-LHR-MEX and she laughed and said, oh yes, I see that now. How come you did that? My answer, about 800 dollars per person cheaper, even with the positioning flights factured in. She smiled and said "well played". I should really have credited the people of FT.
I've had this more than once on board my usual AMS-LCY. Once, the CSM said it's a long Tube journey to Heathrow, and provided some sustenance. Which was very welcome even though our long-haul wasn't actually until the next day ...
TTmex likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldtrav
So I'm BA Gold with no future BA trips but a couple of QR trips with my BA number in there. If I was on BA could they see that?
unlikely unless the QR trips have created a BA PNR (either by booking a BA flight or code in the trip).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.