Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

High Life August - BA100 Collector’s Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

High Life August - BA100 Collector’s Edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yellow is midhaul I believe, it all hinges on the IFE options, that's the main difference between them. Iberia has a similar system.
Thanks for the quick reply as always. I assumed there would be just two. Blue "with IFE" and Green "without IFE". I didn't expect there was a different one for the midhauls. I didn't know there was another IFE option! Thanks for the info, so looks like most of mine will be Green .
Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
I’ve yet to find a Concorde edition which will definitely come home with me when I do. That said, is it frowned upon to raid all the seats close to you in an attempt to find what you want?

I was on BA1426 last Thursday evening, as one of the first on I checked a full three rows of the CE cabin before people started looking at me as if I was acting a bit suspiciously (not the crew!). I took my seat, resigned to missing Concorde again.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors
Managed to find a different one today. Four to go...
Old Aug 17, 2019, 10:38 am

I've only got a couple of A350 flights left this month so if anyone has or sees these I'd be interested ^

Old Aug 17, 2019, 1:49 pm

Apart from the collecting aspect, it's a very good read this month anyways...
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 2:30 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Just saw this thread, those on the A350 will have noticed there are almost none in CW cabins now...not sure about the WT cabin but the WT+ cabin was almost untouched (he says knowing he pillaged it last night with crew assistance no less!)

So plenty in WT+ if anyone is looking for blue covers in excellent shape.

Was very pleased to get a Concorde one among others:

Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
I started late collecting these and only have 5 so far. My next flights with BA aren't until the end of Aug, and there will be very few decent copies left by then.

I've suggested to the GGL team that BA should organize a special print run for collectors. They say they have passed on the suggestion to the relevant team. It does seem a little crazy that BA hasn't (as yet) thought about providing the opportunity for interested parties to purchase a collection of all 12 magazines, (in pristine condition).

Sad I know, but I am thinking about sticking them on the wall in a nice frame... Then again, I also like organizing the spoons in my kitchen drawer.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I am currently collecting them for a friend, only 3 so far.

Surely there is some potential for an FT thread for a Panini sticker like swap exchange to get the last ones in the collection which always seem to be a struggle to get?
Trent900 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:28 am

I bet BA printed less of certain covers
KARFA and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by billinghamn
I started late collecting these and only have 5 so far. My next flights with BA aren't until the end of Aug, and there will be very few decent copies left by then.

I've suggested to the GGL team that BA should organize a special print run for collectors. They say they have passed on the suggestion to the relevant team. It does seem a little crazy that BA hasn't (as yet) thought about providing the opportunity for interested parties to purchase a collection of all 12 magazines, (in pristine condition).

Sad I know, but I am thinking about sticking them on the wall in a nice frame... Then again, I also like organizing the spoons in my kitchen drawer.
The GGL Line has responded advising the relevant team have already initiated a special print run, and there's not a lot else they can do. I.e. they don't plan any special provision of these collector mags.

However, they were happy to provide a PDF copy of all 12 front covers. I'll check to see whether they have any concerns over uploading them somewhere on FT, so others can get access to them as well.
McG, corporate-wage-slave and BotB like this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:39 am

Plenty of the 707 cover on the A350 today.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Trent900
Plenty of the 707 cover on the A350 today.
Haha. They are everywhere now. I’m just missing the 787 one I think. I was hoping the A350 would have one of those.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
I have only taken the Concorde one. Also noted that my copy has an error. The audio onboard pages are duplicated and no film info. I am not holding my breath as to value.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
I am a 'sort-of' collector but not flying with ba in August.
I don't think that I want to put anyone to the trouble of sending me one August edition, but then will probably feel like I have missed out.
If only I had completed that course on decision making, but after the mid term break I couldn't decide if it was working!
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Stormbel
I am a 'sort-of' collector but not flying with ba in August.
I don't think that I want to put anyone to the trouble of sending me one August edition, but then will probably feel like I have missed out.
If only I had completed that course on decision making, but after the mid term break I couldn't decide if it was working!
I have a spare 1967 BEA Trident, showing HM the Queen with the Archbishop of Malta, the Most Reverend Sir Michael Count Gonzi, when she visited MLA. I've now made 4 x A350 flights and it seems to be only version they restock. My last flight a few days ago there were no Highlifes at all in either the rear CW cabin or WTP, but reading above they seem to have rectified that. I have the other covers from different flights. So if you are OK with that, and can self fulfill the conditions in post 8 above, then I'm OK to post it to you, it's not a lot of work for me. Just PM me your address.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.