Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A350 no longer flying daily to YYZ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Angry A350 no longer flying daily to YYZ?

Just had an e-mail from BA stating that for operational reasons my flight to YYZ in December had been changed from a 350 to a 777. On closer inspection, it appears that the 350 will now only be flying 4x weekly to YYZ (at least in December).

Naturally this is massively disappointing, as I was hugely looking forward to trying out the new Club seat and instead have been relegated to the 777 dorm. Does anyone have any inside info as to why the schedule has changed? Is it likely to revert?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by hartwith
Just had an e-mail from BA stating that for operational reasons my flight to YYZ in December had been changed from a 350 to a 777. On closer inspection, it appears that the 350 will now only be flying 4x weekly to YYZ (at least in December).

Naturally this is massively disappointing, as I was hugely looking forward to trying out the new Club seat and instead have been relegated to the 777 dorm. Does anyone have any inside info as to why the schedule has changed? Is it likely to revert?
Any change it could be the refurbed 777?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Sadly not. Judging by the seat map it's a 773, which is strange given that there is no F on this flight.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:03 am
Suspended

Can we have a ‘no longer a350 operating my flight’ thread please.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:28 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Yet another A350 thread ... OP the A350 hasn't even started flying and your aircraft type may change between now and December.

This thread already exists ... Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:37 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, HHonors: Silver, Virgin Flying Club: Red, Miles & More
Sadly not. Judging by the seat map it's a 773, which is strange given that there is no F on this flight.
What date in December? Picking one 777 day at random is showing a 777-200ER with seat map: 14F/48J/40W/124Y. These are the ones which are being refitted over the next 14 months or so, but maybe only a couple will have been done by December. I think it's unlikely you'll get one of the refitted ones as BA have already started publishing which routes will get them as they come out.

However, looking at the seat map which I checked, it looks like First is not being sold on those 777 flights, so it may be a FLUB (First/Club) situation like what they do on the daily 777 Madrid flight, whereby the First cabin is sometimes opened up, and you may be able to sit there, but with the regular Club service. I think it would depend on the load though at to whether or not it is opened up. Either that, or it may of course switch back to an A350. Fingers crossed for you it does!
Old Jul 30, 2019, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelsbyplane
What date in December? Picking one 777 day at random is showing a 777-200ER with seat map: 14F/48J/40W/124Y. These are the ones which are being refitted over the next 14 months or so, but maybe only a couple will have been done by December. I think it's unlikely you'll get one of the refitted ones as BA have already started publishing which routes will get them as they come out.

However, looking at the seat map which I checked, it looks like First is not being sold on those 777 flights, so it may be a FLUB (First/Club) situation like what they do on the daily 777 Madrid flight, whereby the First cabin is sometimes opened up, and you may be able to sit there, but with the regular Club service. I think it would depend on the load though at to whether or not it is opened up. Either that, or it may of course switch back to an A350. Fingers crossed for you it does!
Per the seat map, it looks like FLUB (although the load doesn't look very promising right now for an upgrade!)

Apologies for the new a350 thread BAEC. I was annoyed as I booked this route purely for the a350. We are actually flying onto New York afterwards.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 30, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Per the seat map, it looks like FLUB (although the load doesn't look very promising right now for an upgrade!)

Apologies for the new a350 thread BAEC. I was annoyed as I booked this route purely for the a350. We are actually flying onto New York afterwards.
Booking purely for a particular aircraft type will often lead to disappointment. Aircraft are swapped, particularly this far out, and I'm pretty sure most of us will have encountered that at some point on our travels. My last two long-haul flights have had an aircraft change, BA8 and then more recently BA10, which was changed to a 777-300.
aristoph likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:04 am

Haha, this is similar to AA announcing LAX-BOS three class A321T service with lie flat seats (6.5 hour flight) then limiting it to 2/6 flights per day and cancelling the whole thing (back to standard recliners) 12 weeks later.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:34 pm

[Seat map]
That looks like a 772.

rb211.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC

I am sorry but I have to rain on your parade here (with the greatest respect) but this is probably a lesson to us all that booking a flight purely based on aircraft is a tough lesson and one that probably needs to learnt pretty quickly, especially on BA.

If you weren't aware then many posters on here will tell you that aircraft can change up to a few hours before departure.

There are a lot of threads weekly that appear with annoyed posters saying my aircraft has changed. Unfortunately it’s the nature of a huge airline with 150+ aircraft all over the world.

Hopefully it changes back for you but I would recommend future bookings are based on your preferred timings or dates than an aircraft.

I can foresee a lot threads popping up saying I thought I’d be getting the new CS seat, I’m outraged. Blah blah blah. Oh dear is all I can say.
argonath likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 4:16 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I've said this hundreds of times in the QR Forum in relation to the QSuite, but never book a trip specifically for an aircraft.

M
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
BA does not guarantee that a particular aircraft (with some specific exceptions) will fly a particular route and does not (absent some very specific exceptions) offer refunds if there is a switch.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Every sympathy here for the op as BA have said fly our new A350 to Toronto. Whilst I totally understand equipment changes can happen,

Based on the responses to the OP here just assuming the A3xx doesn’t morph into an A350 on any of the Madrid trips even say on the day of departure everybody will be totally hunky dory with their trip to Madrid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.