Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

29 July 19: BA112 [JFK-LHR] incident in F cabin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
At least 3 FlyerTalkers were onboard and have posted eyewitness reports. Excerpts and direct links follow

All reports implicate a musical artist/rapper named Busta Rhymes.

Originally Posted by 87CTA
  • Artist boards and his handler begins packing away his bags in the overheads. To note … the artist brought 4 carryon bags … which meant regardless of the situation that he would have struggled to easily find space (especially as the cabin was full). It was apparent that the handler was having trouble finding space and the artist began getting irate … asking “whose stuff is this” … my wife replied, “mine” … artist responds “move your stuff”.
  • I could tell immediately that this would only end in an argument so I suggested to my wife that she just move her bags to avoid confrontation … my wife quite rightfully responded “why should I, we are supposed to share this bin” … this is when the artist flew off the handle: “move your stuff, now” … he was towering over my wife’s seat and she was terrified … I stood up and asked him to “not be so rude to my wife” and to “leave it” to which he responded with “then let’s go, homeboy … essentially offering me to fight him!!!!
Originally Posted by 81romeo
A woman started to cry and the situation escalated very quickly. I then jumped in as I can't tolerate any case of abusive behaviour. He threatened me personally because I jumped in. The CSD got involved. The Captain decided to not offload him (don't ask me why because we really don't know, we were all shocked at his judgment call). Instead, the crew asked if any of us would feel safer by taking the next flight.
Originally Posted by Realitycheck
The cabin staff did an excellent job at controlling the situation. Albeit they admitted being fearful as we all were. BR was traveling with his handler and 6 members of his entourage.
Print Wikipost

29 July 19: BA112 [JFK-LHR] incident in F cabin

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by 81romeo
Could you please post the link to Twitter? Just curious to read the different version.

I have genuinely no problems in naming him however I don't know if this is the right thing to do as the Police is involved.
Originally Posted by Misco60
I really don't understand the "I know but I ain't tellin' you" attitude.
More than that, it is dangerous as it may mean some innocent party may be wrongly implicated. Provided people are reporting facts, there is no legal reason why the said individual cannot be named.
BingBongBoy likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Misco60
I really don't understand the "I know but I ain't tellin' you" attitude.
+ 1

and the guessing game has unfortunately led to a serious incident, and the thread, becoming trivialised in some comments.

EDIT : written just before the important remark by Tobias-UK

Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Provided people are reporting facts, there is no legal reason why the said individual cannot be named.
Essentially it's so that the name is not obviously linked in a Google search, rather than wanting to avoid any kind of libel.

After all, it's not libel to mention that someone has been named on Twitter in conjunction with an incident on a flight to London. That is a fact, whether or not the content of the tweet is.

That said, this may be pointless because he has been named in full above.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
Deleted
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I genuinely don't understand the issue with naming this idiot here.

Can only find one, very brief reference to this on Twitter.

Bored.....

Moving on.......
kimberlyrose and Misco60 like this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I have absolutely no idea who on earth you are all talking about or hinting at...
Me neither...and as long as it's not Dolly Parton I don't care.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Cymro
Apparently there is, although there is no reason to libel him by suggesting he's been anywhere near BA First Class.

Unfortunate name but maybe Rogue Sport was taken.
Good God, there is too! I'm sure it wasn't him, though!
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Essentially it's so that the name is not obviously linked in a Google search, rather than wanting to avoid any kind of libel.

After all, it's not libel to mention that someone has been named on Twitter in conjunction with an incident on a flight to London. That is a fact, whether or not the content of the tweet is.

Well that is now irrelevant as I just googled the rapper's name and british airways: this thread was the first google hit.
squawk and nd100 like this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Me neither...and as long as it's not Dolly Parton I don't care.
As if the Queen of Country would ever behave in such a way.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
More than that, it is dangerous as it may mean some innocent party may be wrongly implicated. Provided people are reporting facts, there is no legal reason why the said individual cannot be named.
Maybe the OP could post in the "Celebs on BA" thread. How about something along the lines of "OMG in First with famous rapper Joe Bloggs*" last night!"...

* Edit: Just in case there really is a rapper with the name Joe Bloggs I'm not suggesting it was him.

Last edited by SteveF; Jul 30, 2019 at 6:43 am
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

I don't follow your point. The fact is serval names have been mentioned, so that means innocent people are already being suspected and that cannot be right.
SK, alvinlwh, The_Bouncer and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC
I think the DM has enough to write a story now team

Well done FT on the investigate works as always.

Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Oh, for goodness' sake... enough with the teasing and hinting and "I know a secret" posts.

I'm guessing that the rapper cymro is hinting at is Busta Rhymes ("Bus to Reims", even though Reims isn't pronounced like Rhymes).
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club, , Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by hartwith
Well that is now irrelevant as I just googled the rapper's name and british airways: this thread was the first google hit.
Your first Google hit. Google personalise search results, so a link that you've already visited will often come first.
oxtailsoup likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
What’s the deal with rappers and their inability to behave? I know there are certain luxury brands who have had their image tarnished through the fact some undesirable characters show off their products in lyrics & music videos.

Not a rapper, but a few years ago a notorious gang leader in Oslo bought a Ferrari. To avoid being associated with him or his lifestyle, the dealer ended up buying back the vehicle for a higher(!) price than they had sold it for. Perhaps BA should consider paying these morons not to fly them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.