Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

29 July 19: BA112 [JFK-LHR] incident in F cabin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
At least 3 FlyerTalkers were onboard and have posted eyewitness reports. Excerpts and direct links follow

All reports implicate a musical artist/rapper named Busta Rhymes.

Originally Posted by 87CTA
  • Artist boards and his handler begins packing away his bags in the overheads. To note … the artist brought 4 carryon bags … which meant regardless of the situation that he would have struggled to easily find space (especially as the cabin was full). It was apparent that the handler was having trouble finding space and the artist began getting irate … asking “whose stuff is this” … my wife replied, “mine” … artist responds “move your stuff”.
  • I could tell immediately that this would only end in an argument so I suggested to my wife that she just move her bags to avoid confrontation … my wife quite rightfully responded “why should I, we are supposed to share this bin” … this is when the artist flew off the handle: “move your stuff, now” … he was towering over my wife’s seat and she was terrified … I stood up and asked him to “not be so rude to my wife” and to “leave it” to which he responded with “then let’s go, homeboy … essentially offering me to fight him!!!!
Originally Posted by 81romeo
A woman started to cry and the situation escalated very quickly. I then jumped in as I can't tolerate any case of abusive behaviour. He threatened me personally because I jumped in. The CSD got involved. The Captain decided to not offload him (don't ask me why because we really don't know, we were all shocked at his judgment call). Instead, the crew asked if any of us would feel safer by taking the next flight.
Originally Posted by Realitycheck
The cabin staff did an excellent job at controlling the situation. Albeit they admitted being fearful as we all were. BR was traveling with his handler and 6 members of his entourage.
Print Wikipost

29 July 19: BA112 [JFK-LHR] incident in F cabin

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by RoxyMountain
Looks like a Phenom 300. The folks who think BA First is tight would hate that little tin can. I can't imagine flying 12 hours, with at least 2 refueling stops, to get from Greece to NYC.
He’s flying to Romania on that for another gig. Not sure how he’s going to cross the pond on his way back.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:38 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by MarkFlies
It’s probably time to close this thread when rants about how bad he is are allowed and rants about how good he is are quickly removed.

A false picture is created by only allowing rants from one side.
The one I saw was basically accusing the complainers of racism, and was obviously just a trolling post.
alpenlupe and Mike Gilbert like this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: BA Gold (woohoo)
Originally Posted by 81romeo
Not sure how he’s going to cross the pond on his way back.
"Deciding" to fly privately would be an excellent face-saving way of concealing that he'd been banned from BA...
81romeo likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: Accor Classic, BA Silver, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Marriott Gold
Having had time to reflect on the incident he offers a thought from Numbers 23:8 saying “who god blessed no man to curse.”
He should reflect on James 1:26, which reads, "If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless" and apologise for his behaviour.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
So no update from BA? I assume no compensation has been issued by BA to those affected in the F cabin? Just wow.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by no1cub17
So no update from BA? I assume no compensation has been issued by BA to those affected in the F cabin? Just wow.
If all were properly compensated, it would have been conditional upon signing a NDA - therefore no updates to provide.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
I'll try.
Love how you were clearly busted filming him...awkward but I guess he’s used to it
Old Aug 2, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Sounds like bad judgment by BA crew letting rapper BR stay on board. He should have been offloaded.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:43 pm

To note … I have this entire conversation recorded on video! Contact Harvey at TMZ, he'll make it worth your while $$$$ No joke.

We 'work' with celebrities. If many of you knew what your favorite one was really like.....

Its very common that they board at the very last minute in first class. This clown should of been thrown off.

Last edited by Swanky Safari; Aug 2, 2019 at 6:46 pm Reason: add
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Being late to this story, I also realise that I mis-pictured who this artist is - for some reason I had "Uncle Albert" in my mind, although I now know that is a completely different "Buster"... Sorry, thought a light-hearted moment in this tale was needed. Shocking behaviour, but my guess is that we will not get any official feedback from BA - commercial pressures et al.

Last edited by xPositor; Aug 3, 2019 at 2:51 am
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum,AS MVP
Originally Posted by Keep it Riel
"Deciding" to fly privately would be an excellent face-saving way of concealing that he'd been banned from BA...
Was he actually banned from BA?

(When my daughter saw me reading this thread, she said, "Oh, thats about ....... Rhymes?").
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by xPositor
Being late to this story, I also realise that I mis-pictured who this artist is - for some reason I had "Uncle Albert" in my mind, although I now know that is a completely different "Buster"... Sorry, thought a light-hearted moment in this tale was needed. Shocking behaviour, but my guess is that we will not get any official feedback from BA - commercial pressures et al.
Yes, I got the wrong one as well, thought it was about bad manners. One would hope that things are sorted out behind the scenes.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Will100

Love how you were clearly busted filming him...awkward but I guess he’s used to it
To be 100% clear on this, that is not my video and I was not on the flight. This is especially important if my boss is reading this
wrp96, nancypants and Will100 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.