Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Paramedics and ambulance meeting 744 at gate B46

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)

I'm in the T5 B lounge watching passengers deplane via the back stairs of a 744 parked at B46, past 4 paramedic cars, an ambulance and 2 police cars. More than I've seen meeting an aircraft before. Anyone know what has happened?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I imagine some sort of medical emergency.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:32 pm

Quiet day, they all wanted to turn out and have a look.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Clearly a significant medical situation.

The attendance of the police suggests one of two things:

1. A fight or assault.

2. A medical emergency, which didn't end well.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:14 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by zeltergiset
I'm in the T5 B lounge watching passengers deplane via the back stairs of a 744 parked at B46, past 4 paramedic cars, an ambulance and 2 police cars. More than I've seen meeting an aircraft before. Anyone know what has happened?
Someone became ill?
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Someone in Club World ordered the beef?
wrp96, joejet, Soft Top and 7 others like this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Why is it any of your business?

I do wonder why people want to know what is going on at times like this - its like some kind of obscene voyeruism.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I think it's worth remembering that disruptions including illnesses and deaths on planes occur with extreme regularity. If I'm not mistaken, some people end up dying on a plane, somewhere in the world, every day and serious medical emergencies (heart related etc) are even more frequent. It is always very impressive and scary when it affects your flight but is unfortunately not unusual in any way.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I think it's worth remembering that disruptions including illnesses and deaths on planes occur with extreme regularity. If I'm not mistaken, some people end up dying on a plane, somewhere in the world, every day and serious medical emergencies (heart related etc) are even more frequent. It is always very impressive and scary when it affects your flight but is unfortunately not unusual in any way.
I am very thankful that I have never dealt with a death onboard or anything as serious as a heart attack or equivalent severity... I have dealt with all manor of things, but nothing that serious.

However, I have plenty of ex colleagues who have had deaths onboard, performed CPR, had severe asthma attack patients who have not had relief from medications etc. So yes, they happen regularly and it is just part of the course of an airline. Same as a hotel, cruise line or similar. Dealing with the public brings inherent problems the they bring with them. And, not just the passengers. There was the very sad incident not too long ago of the young chap, long haul crew member, who passed away in his sleep whilst on his bunk rest. Not to say that passengers are not important, but to find your colleague, and possibly friend passed away onboard, would hit a crew even harder.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Passengers ate the food and it seems everyone are sick
just wondering why this is a thread
Old Jul 29, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXPLT
Originally Posted by bhbloke
Someone in Club World ordered the beef?
That explains the medical emergency piece.

I suspect they then threw it in disgust and given it's the second hardest substance on an aircraft (AA's domestic FC dinner rolls being number one), this either caused damage to the aircraft or someone which required the police to be in attendance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.