Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nice little Malaga deal

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: BAEC
This may be controversial and certainly not as attractive as travelup, as I know many regulars don’t value part-pay, but if you are Avios rich and aren’t fussed about 1000 Avios, you can get £10 off the fare through BA.com, meaning you pay £37 return.

Still a very nice fare for a nice part of the world.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
You can take £10 off the price using avios and still use the PP. You never book with Travelup, they're just the reference fare. PP allows you to reduce purchase price with avios while still claiming double (or in this case over treble) the difference. The difference is based on the fare prior to the avios reduction.

As a gold I get 2630 back in Avios without taking the tenner off, I'm choosing to keep all of those, but you could net a £37 base fare with 1630 avios plus a £20 voucher. Corresponding reductions in avios obviously for lower status.
rockflyertalk likes this.

Last edited by bisonrav; Jul 27, 2019 at 1:25 pm Reason: correct avios return
Old Jul 27, 2019, 1:47 pm

Brilliant post. Thanks OP
Old Jul 27, 2019, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Note that the train stops at the airport and can easily deposit you into Malaga very simply in 15 mins or so. The newish marina area / town centre are both very walk friendly and there are more tapas bars than you can shake a stick at. Can also reccomend the Picasso museum if its up your street. Malaga is my home town and a wonderful place to stay/visit.

Come, you wont regret it..
Any restaurant recommendations?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:36 am

Surely Malaga deserves at least a night stop. This day trip is about 6 hours in the city, and Spain is all about the night life.
nivsy likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I have to say Malaga is superb, took the family for a few days in Winter given the cheap pricing. Fantastic food, Roman Theatre, Moorish Castle, great value even with Sterling at its current terrible levels. Going for a day doesn’t do it justice.
masmadrid likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Originally Posted by masmadrid
Surely Malaga deserves at least a night stop. This day trip is about 6 hours in the city, and Spain is all about the night life.
Exactly what we're doing - it was about £10 more to stay overnight (plus the hotel, obviously).
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks bisonrav for pointing out the fare! Although I didn't bother with the price match, I got two tickets to AGP last weekend in Feb for three days, on better timed flights so slightly more - used 5k Avios to take £40 off (as will earn 5,200) and £90 cash. Fantastic !
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav
You need to have a date/time on the screenshot - I usually take one of the fare itself (including windows clock and date lower right) and then also go through a dummy booking to the payment details to show no surcharge on Amex. I often also open up the fare details pane and screenshot that too. You don't send these unless requested.

I don't know what is shown by travelup on a phone, but I suspect the date/time may be the sticking point.

Yes you book through BA once that's done, then you fill in the best price guarantee form and wait.
Thanks for pointing this great offer out. I’ve just received my e-voucher (and it only took 15 minutes from filling out the form!) - can you use the e-voucher on another booking on which you then claim a price match?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by polochick

Thanks for pointing this great offer out. I’ve just received my e-voucher (and it only took 15 minutes from filling out the form!) - can you use the e-voucher on another booking on which you then claim a price match?
Unfortunately not.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Unfortunately not.
Thanks for the very speedy reply! One more question - can you use multiple e-vouchers from various price matches on a single new booking?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by polochick
Thanks for the very speedy reply! One more question - can you use multiple e-vouchers from various price matches on a single new booking?
No, they don't combine either. One per booking.
polochick likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: B A Gold
Just to say the Lounge at Malaga is excellent also. Spacious, light and airy and a good choice of food and drink.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Thanks OP - booked for a night in Jan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.