Wiki Posts
Search

A350 Delivery Postponed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: ba exec club
A350 Delivery Postponed

Due to the current weather / airspace restrictions and knock ons, G-XWBA will not be arriving into LHR today.
Rumours here are initially pushed back into next week. Not sure if this will affect its entry into service.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Would be somewhat galling to fly a non rev flight in during the restrictions
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
... but even more galling to see a raft of cancellations in the near future due to lack of an airframe that should have positioned in on time?

I expect the reasons for not positioning it to LHR today are not just to avoid looking bad by landing an empty aircraft.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by flatlander
... but even more galling to see a raft of cancellations in the near future due to lack of an airframe that should have positioned in on time?

I expect the reasons for not positioning it to LHR today are not just to avoid looking bad by landing an empty aircraft.
It appears to be as a result of ATC restrictions due to the bad weather in Europe and the ATC equipment issues affecting LGW and LHR.
wrp96 and ELLX like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Per NATS..technical problem with a system at the Swanwick Air Traffic Control .. https://www.nats.aero/news/incident-...ement-at-1220/
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Originally Posted by flatlander

jeesh to both comments. BA are crap yaadeeyaa. Conspiracy theories everywhere. Yawn.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:43 am

Yep delayed. No indication when it will be rescheduled too.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I believe it’s now scheduled fto arrive tomorrow. I do know that the engineering team were going to have her for the weekend but hopefully they can do the checks and testing they need in order to ensure service entry date is not delayed however as BA haven’t said when it will be entering service that’s not really any additional pressure.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:41 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Interesting thanks for the info on the delay. Does anyone know if the press event went ahead anyway or if that has been delayed as well?

Safe travels everyone.

EDIT: looking around the press event must have been cancelled as well as can't see any pics or updates anywhere so BA must have centred it around the plane being there.

Last edited by BotB; Jul 26, 2019 at 8:45 am Reason: answering own question.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by BotB
Interesting thanks for the info on the delay. Does anyone know if the press event went ahead anyway or if that has been delayed as well?

Safe travels everyone.
I pity the BA press staff if it did. Journos being renowned for their great sense of humour 😉.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Press event now back on for Monday.

Not clear if aircraft arriving tomorrow or being held back for Monday, you'd assume the former if BA wants its crew back!
BotB, rockflyertalk and Fontana like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles

Not clear if aircraft arriving tomorrow or being held back for Monday, you'd assume the former if BA wants its crew back!
New ETD from TLS for G-XWBA is 1130Z tomorrow (27th July).
BotB likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by BotB

Safe travels everyone.

EDIT: looking around the press event must have been cancelled as well as can't see any pics or updates anywhere so BA must have centred it around the plane being there.
Press event was cancelled.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
Thought I would send a quick photo of the plane still at the customer handover facility on the far side of the Airport as I happen to be in TLS today.

groenroos likes this.

Last edited by Robespierre; Jul 26, 2019 at 10:41 am
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Raffles

They will be management pilots. It will be a new experience to be flying on a Saturday instead of infesting the golf course.
bhbloke and etiene like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.