Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A350 Delivery Postponed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
Looking at the photos above, I cannot help but remark just how emaciated this aircraft looks. Maybe a visual effect of the livery, who knows but I suppose that’s carbon fibre composites for ya
Indeed, it is hard to believe that the A350-1000 is equivalent in size to the 777-300ER. It will be interesting to see them side by side.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
Arrived at Heathrow a few moments ago on 27L by the look of it, which must have annoyed a few of the spotters who were waiting for it - as they're landing on 27R today.

https://www.inflightwithjames.com/po...350-delivered/
I was driving on the Northern Perimeter Road at the time with about 40 spotters from the entrance of what I believe is the HAL staff car park to the engine test bay by Eastern Perimeter Road when I realised she was landing on 27L. I was even wondering whether that was done for the spotters/media due to better accessibility. That was until I realised 1 minute later that there was a grand total of 3 cameras on the footbridge by Hatton Cross and not a single person spotted by Myrtle Avenue...
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by zat_dude
I was driving on the Northern Perimeter Road at the time with about 40 spotters from the entrance of what I believe is the HAL staff car park to the engine test bay by Eastern Perimeter Road when I realised she was landing on 27L. I was even wondering whether that was done for the spotters/media due to better accessibility. That was until I realised 1 minute later that there was a grand total of 3 cameras on the footbridge by Hatton Cross and not a single person spotted by Myrtle Avenue...
I was around at the time. I don't know when the clearance for 27L happened as I wasn't listening to ATC - and neither were the spotters I could see around me. When it became clear from FR24 that it was heading for 27L, it was too late to get over there.

There were many disappointed people - including Sam Chui (the popular YouTuber) who was 'spotting' at the eastern end of 27R this afternoon.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by where next

She’s down
and a warm welcome from me!!! ^
yellow_peril likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
@where next, thank you for the photo. Can't wait to travel on this beauty in early October to DXB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.