Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Significant weather-related disruption to BA services, Thu evening 26 Jul

Significant weather-related disruption to BA services, Thu evening 26 Jul

Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Update - friends 297 to ORD now cancelled. A fair few folks to sort out on that A380!

Was finally cancelled; Tech
Yes stuck at ORD overnight, BA staff here said they had 500 people to sort out! Staff were really good about rebooking me on the alternative flights I wanted but I was not impressed with the hotels on offer.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
More thunder and lightning over East London now getting worse as the planes coming out of the holding pattern en route for Heathrow. Hope everybody’s travels are fine but seems there was lots of chaos at T5 last night and according to Twitter.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 10:06 pm

Looks like the last flight went at 2.08am! Looking on flightradar it was a really terrible day, only a couple of on time departures the whole afternoon/evening
Old Jul 25, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Sitting in Oslo hotel as the 763 has been cancelled. Got put on the 767 this evening. Least the worst thing to happen is that I'll miss a BBQ party so consider myself lucky compared to some on here.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 10:55 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
BA346 LHR-NCE cancelled this morning, and BA348 showing a delay already.

M
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
T5 check-in hall is a bit of a mess this morning - people queuing all over the place, lots sleeping on roll-mats on the floor who had clearly been there all night rather than avail of their EU261 rights...

The premium end looked reasonable though, South Fast Track was empty, as is GC South! Provided my flight does indeed depart in an hour as advertised, Heathrow will have been a great success for me at least! Many others have not been so lucky...
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL
Landed on BA112 from JFK 30 mins ago but stuck on taxi way as nowhere to park. Total shambles!
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
BA849 to ZAG cancelled this morning. What bothers me most is no notice, text, nothing from BA. It was only because I checked the App before getting in a car to the airport that I noticed. My other half the same.

I went straight online and booked the first flights I could find today on another carrier as its holiday season so every flight is jam packed (no guarantee they will fly either). Ironically I had flights yesterday in case of strikes.... should have taken them!

Not sure what their obligations are but no alternatives offered yet and on Gold line queue for 45 minutes....
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
That's my flights cancelled this morning ABZ-LHR-AMS and they are offering flights tomorrow at 7.50.
KLM have 2 direct flights tonight but at very silly prices.
Can i claim a hotel at ABZ tonight? I live 40 miles away.
And who compensates me for non-refundable hotel in AMS tonight?
Thankyou for any info
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:10 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Originally Posted by anniegray
That's my flights cancelled this morning ABZ-LHR-AMS and they are offering flights tomorrow at 7.50.
KLM have 2 direct flights tonight but at very silly prices.
Can i claim a hotel at ABZ tonight? I live 40 miles away.
And who compensates me for non-refundable hotel in AMS tonight?
Thankyou for any info
I would be pushing for them to get you the earliest flight, even if that is KLM... remind them of their 261 obligation, to reduce your delay.
Hotel might be pushing it if you are still at home but if you are already at the airport I would push it.

AMS hotel is consequential loss and for travel insurance.
SB
anniegray likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
So , our flight was cancelled ( lhr to oslo ) and overnighted at the hilton T4. No texts or emails and no seats available until after our return on Monday.

Hopefully sense will prevail and we can get a refund & get back home to Malaga however I bought the ticket via Iberia ( who asked me to call Ba ) and spoke to the gold line ( who refered me back to Iberia )..

Was a zoo with people running through the terminal, queues that looked hours long and many stern faced passengers. I just sat down, booked a hotel and went to the bar.
MM00LL2 and nancypants like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
My LHR-OSL (BA 762) is showing as 3+ hours delayed tomorrow -- hoping it operates as there seems to be no other way to get to OSL and I'm on a QR flight from OSL at 16:10!

On the assumption that this is a crew-related delay (EF has no info), can I claim EU261 (assuming 3+ hour late arrival) even though any hypothetical crew delay would be a result of tonight's weather?
Ouch so the flight showed as ontime and now cancelled. Hope you can get BA to route you on an alternate carrier or QR from London directly. Safe travels.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:28 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
So , our flight was cancelled ( lhr to oslo ) and overnighted at the hilton T4. No texts or emails and no seats available until after our return on Monday.

Hopefully sense will prevail and we can get a refund & get back home to Malaga however I bought the ticket via Iberia ( who asked me to call Ba ) and spoke to the gold line ( who refered me back to Iberia )..

Was a zoo with people running through the terminal, queues that looked hours long and many stern faced passengers. I just sat down, booked a hotel and went to the bar.
If you are stuck at LHR then I would go to the terminal, and as you are going nowhere anyway go and get them to sort you out.
Either they get you to OSL on another carrier... alternative routing, or they return you the Malaga free of charge and refund all your travel and travel no longer serves purpose.

Remind them they are also responsible for all your duty of care while you wait... Breakfast Lunch and Dinner, and hotel....

SB
wrp96 and cauchy like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface
Yes, by all means, let’s send the ramp and ground crew out while there is a threat of lightning next to a big metal object. How silly of them to hold you on the tarmac for that.
What’s called for in these circumstances is forbearance and a little understanding. I’m sure we can sympathise with the frustrations of people who just want to get home.
lukew, orbitmic and nancypants like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Smile

Originally Posted by TTmex
They just started BoB service and sold all sandwiches within 2 rows.
Greedy buggers
FlyerTalker688786 and TTmex like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.