Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA 100 - Tom Kerridge menu

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Just arrived in my hotel after a flight to YYC. Had the Tom K chicken - can highly recommend and here is a little pic 😊
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Just arrived in my hotel after a flight to YYC. Had the Tom K chicken - can highly recommend and here is a little pic 😊
Glad you enjoyed it. Seemed to be well liked!
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Why would anyone cook radishes?!
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Just arrived in my hotel after a flight to YYC.

Enjoy your trip to Calgary!
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Had the Tom K chicken - can highly recommend and here is a little pic 😊
Ugh... you're making me consider switching from the BA beef to this dish. I eat chicken a lot though and the thought of just having chicken isn't doing it for me.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold | Hilton Honors Platinum
Looks like a Kerridge menu on my upcoming BA F to HKG: have pre-booked the Canneloni and shall report back.

BA27 (LHR - HKG) Menu Sunday 18th August.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by DrBenO
Looks like a Kerridge menu on my upcoming BA F to HKG: have pre-booked the Canneloni and shall report back.

BA27 (LHR - HKG) Menu Sunday 18th August.
Just to clarify, the cannelloni is a nice dish (and worth reporting on the pre-order thread! ^ ) but it's not the Kerridge dish, the halibut is...
DrBenO and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Schwann
Ugh... you're making me consider switching from the BA beef to this dish. I eat chicken a lot though and the thought of just having chicken isn't doing it for me.
Actually Master TT1F had the beef and wolfed it down, saying it was really tasty. And as he’s the first to complain when meat is “chewy”, then I think we were lucky with the beef as well this time 😂

Also, the radishes were still al dente- maybe they’d just been parboiled but it did work quite well. Made a change from the usual BA chicken.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Anyone sampled the desert yet?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The first class dishes.

Andriyko, orbitmic, DrBenO and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Salmon was good, halibut was mediocre and dry, dessert was very tasty.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Is there any promo of the menu onboard - any mention by the crew etc ... Or is it just served as if it’s a normal dish from the menu?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Pardon my ignorance regarding this, but what exactly is the advantage of having a ‘celebrity chef’ producing menus? I am assuming that he is not cooking all of the food himself.
Whilst not wishing to denigrate the talent of this particular chef, this smacks of more of a marketing exercise rather than a genuine attempt at improving the catering.
mikem004 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Pardon my ignorance regarding this, but what exactly is the advantage of having a ‘celebrity chef’ producing menus? I am assuming that he is not cooking all of the food himself.
Whilst not wishing to denigrate the talent of this particular chef, this smacks of more of a marketing exercise rather than a genuine attempt at improving the catering.
Of course it is a marketing exercise, a celebration of British cooking. Whilst he won’t be cooking any of the meals, they will be his creations and cooked to his recipe. Should they produce an improved culinary experience on board, then no complaints from me!
Old Aug 3, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
LH and LX often have celebrity chefs producing menus.

I seem to remember Graham Kerr once writing about how challenging it was to do an airline menu. I can't remember which airline he did it for though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.