Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drunkards Onboard

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
They must have got drunk in the lounge; no one can get drunk in the drinks during dinner service, they’re certainly very scarce
Dambus and Crampedin13A like this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Bophopper
For THE worst drunkenness try Glasgow - Ibiza, on Jet2 … …
Isn't that the BEST drunkenness. The worst drunkenness is a half of shandy.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:03 pm

About 3 months ago I flew BA LHR to DEL codeshare with AA in J. I was queuing for the toilet prior to breakfast when a lady stsrted holding onto me in the queue so she didn’t fall over, she the proceeded to shout loudly that she needed to go ‘pee pee’ and promptly urinated all over the J galley. I will forever remember this J experience 😂
LCY8737 and TTmex like this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:08 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by mwalsh
I've personally seen a one drink difference between merry and obnoxious.
I know somebody exactly like that... you know at some point she'll change from being lovely and great fun to.... OMG, who's responsible for getting her home!
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I know somebody exactly like that... you know at some point she'll change from being lovely and great fun to.... OMG, who's responsible for getting her home!
Ha! Mine was a girl too. And then, when it got that one step beyond, people who didn't know her were all like, "Why did you let her get like that?" And I'm all like, "I'm not responsible for this bint!"
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:05 am

I used to take the 08:25 LCY-ORY quite regularly (now sadly no longer operating). As is typical for a French airport, the EU/non-EU passport queues were always a free-for-all, which meant having the pleasure of mingling for extended periods with the arrivals from an early-morning Moscow flight. The alcoholic vapour emanating from that crowd would probably be classified as borderline life-threatening to the casual breather. And, yes, they were always propping each other up - quite sweet, really.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by nd100
As is typical for a French airport, the EU/non-EU passport queues were always a free-for-all
OT but +1 👍

French airport passport control is always a shambles. Shiny new biometric gates at Lyon last month, all closed and only 2 booths open for all arrivals, sigh!

Back OT now, sorry!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by mwalsh
Ha! Mine was a girl too. And then, when it got that one step beyond, people who didn't know her were all like, "Why did you let her get like that?" And I'm all like, "I'm not responsible for this bint!"
Please tell me you are married to her!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
Please tell me you are married to her!
Not at all. It was an association event where I was guesting both she and her brother. So while I guess I was supplying their drinks on my tab, we were all just circulating socially. I wasn't keeping an eye on them, and really didn't think it was my responsibility to do so (being adults and all).
oxtailsoup likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:44 pm

Getting back to the OP, this is really a British thing rather than a British Airways thing.
There are still a few European countries where it's not socially acceptable to be loud, obnoxious and publicly drunk. Sadly, the UK is so in thrall to the drinks industry and the supermarkets, we haven't noticed how they've transformed our everyday behaviour.
BA should have done better with this particular episode.
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by Enrique Ponce; Jul 26, 2019 at 2:45 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Enrique Ponce
Getting back to the OP, this is really a British thing rather than a British Airways thing.
There are still a few European countries where it's not socially acceptable to be loud, obnoxious and publicly drunk. Sadly, the UK is so in thrall to the drinks industry and the supermarkets, we haven't noticed how they've transformed our everyday behaviour.
BA should have done better with this particular episode.
Britons, normally the nicest of people, are the undisputed champions of being loutish drunks, especially when overseas.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
I believe you could complain to the CAA about this. It is I believe against regulations to allow a person get get drunk onboard.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Bophopper
For THE worst drunkenness try Glasgow - Ibiza, on Jet2 … …
i can definitely second this. I’ve flown a lot between DXB and the UK and from the UK to European party destinations but the GLA-IBZ on jet2 (I did the Thursday evening one) was absolutely on another level.

Edit: wasn’t just drunkenness, half the plane had no shame in partaking in Class A’s open for anyone, including the crew to see.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by rickg523
Britons, normally the nicest of people, are the undisputed champions of being loutish drunks, especially when overseas.
I wouldn't disagree with that statement, but it wasn't clear to me from the OP that the miscreants were actually British.

Also whilst poor old Spain probably gets the worst share, in certain ski resorts the Brits are better regarded than the Dutch. I've also seen Swedes abroad act like drunken bellends and they're usually about as nice and placid as you can find.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur

I wouldn't disagree with that statement, but it wasn't clear to me from the OP that the miscreants were actually British.

Also whilst poor old Spain probably gets the worst share, in certain ski resorts the Brits are better regarded than the Dutch. I've also seen Swedes abroad act like drunken bellends and they're usually about as nice and placid as you can find.
and Australians and Russians and Poles and Americans (spring break and Mardi Gras anyone?) etc etc. I honestly wouldn’t fixate on nationalities...
flygirl68 and nancypants like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.