AA Baggage Allowance for BA Silver

Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

AA Baggage Allowance for BA Silver

Hi there,

I'm flying DBV > PHL > SAN on AA, booked through BA. I'm BA silver. On the booking it states that I can take up to two bags of 32kg each. However, is that incorrect? Is the max ber pag 23kg?

Also, will my (zero status) travel companion get two free checked bags?

Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by lucelib
Hi there,

I'm flying DBV > PHL > SAN on AA, booked through BA. I'm BA silver. On the booking it states that I can take up to two bags of 32kg each. However, is that incorrect? Is the max ber pag 23kg?

Also, will my (zero status) travel companion get two free checked bags?

Thanks!
In what class of service will you be traveling? Is your travel companion on the same PNR as you?

I assume that these are BA-coded flights operated by AA, correct?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
In what class of service will you be traveling? Is your travel companion on the same PNR as you?

I assume that these are BA-coded flights operated by AA, correct?
Sorry, should have been clearer. Flying in World Traveller. Companion is on the same PNR and yes, they are BA-coded flights operated by AA
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
US law requires that for flights destined to the US, the baggage allowance of the marketing carrier of the first segment applies to all segments of the ticket. I am presuming that this is AA-marketed and, if so, it is the AA allowance for DBV-PHL which applies, e..g. one bag. As OWS, you get a second bag waiver.

What you see on your e-ticket receipt is what the check-in agent will see at DBV.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
US law requires that for flights destined to the US, the baggage allowance of the marketing carrier of the first segment applies to all segments of the ticket. I am presuming that this is AA-marketed and, if so, it is the AA allowance for DBV-PHL which applies, e..g. one bag. As OWS, you get a second bag waiver.

What you see on your e-ticket receipt is what the check-in agent will see at DBV.
Thank you. And I assume each bag is 23kg, not 32kg?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
As OWE I think it's 32kg, deffo is on BA. As for sapphire I'm not 100pc sure.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
The check-in agent will see you annotated as PLAT and you'll receive the same benefits. Only Executive Platinum (Emerald) members get the 32kg limit (or First/Business tickets) but you will get 2 bags waived for both you and your companion if on the same reservation:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...irportbenefits
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ht-baggage.jsp

As all your segments are AA operated you'll get an allowance of 2 x 23 kg, but the BA system is sometimes a little dumb in assuming its own policies apply.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.