Wiki Posts
Search

Have a beer, it’s much easier

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
Have a beer, it’s much easier

Flew BA J LHR-SIN 2 days ago. 1st drinks service commenced. Frumpy BA Cabin crew member asked what I would like, I said I fancied trying one of the cocktails and she replied “Why don’t you just have a beer, it’s much easier”. I was so taken aback I laughed out loud. Why don’t these staff go and work for a local council where they would better feel at home.

Did I get Do & Co catering? Either way the food was much improved
angeloedades, NoY and percysmith like this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA/American
Seriously? And that at the start of the flight? How long was it before the outright abuse started?
wrp96, jp-mco and DaveS like this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver
That can only have been an attempt at humour, surely!
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:46 pm

I really thought this was going to be a have a beer, stop worrying about the upcoming strike thread!

Last edited by polochick; Jul 22, 2019 at 3:49 pm Reason: To correct the typo!
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Scots_Al
That can only have been an attempt at humour, surely!
The staff are supposed to be professional and should act accordingly - that the OP raised the issue should indicate that it wasn't viewed as a joke
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
I hope that at least she managed to get your steak done medium rare...
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
You should have said "Go on then, I'll have a Speedbird 100 if you can find one!" I bet she'd have come back with a Singapore Sling...
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

It wasn’t a joke by the crew member it was a “I can’t be bothered to make you a cocktail” comment. Just out of interest do these come pre mixed ?

its such a shame crew like this spoil what was otherwise a nice BA CW experience.

In fairness the remainder of the crew were all great
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I once had a Glaswegian crew member serve me in F on a GRU-EZE sector who said ''fancy a wee swally pet''.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Personally I think it says more about you having described the crew member completely unnecessarily "Frumpy" then her comment. It added nothing to your 'story'.

Maybe your attitude prior had created this response.

More to this story for sure!
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
So now BA flights are going to get a PA announcement "Is there a Mixologist on board?" when somebody takes up the cocktail option. Appears that little training has been given and whilst a good idea there really is not enough bar stock or time for these to be made correctly.

I've looked longingly at LGW GF pile of lime slices, tequila, and Cointreau for an ah-hoc Margarita - I do remember some time ago a thread about lounge cocktails.

Perhaps stocking the bar with some M&S canned cocktails might work - at least for some politicians.
Samolyot likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by eugegall
Personally I think it says more about you having described the crew member completely unnecessarily "Frumpy" then her comment. It added nothing to your 'story'.
+1
Crofton138, TTmex and bisonrav like this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Did the OP take the FA's advice and have a beer or did he stand his ground.......??? I'm intrigued ��
Pittie Pup likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
Did the OP take the FA's advice and have a beer or did he stand his ground.......??? I'm intrigued ��
Yep, the frumpy, miserable woman case back with the cocktail, no eye contact, no conversation and no interest in her job
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I asked for one of the new cocktails in First on a LHR - JFK flight in May and the crew's response was "Oh what do they mean by that then?!" as she peered over me at the opened menu I was holding in my left hand.

Whilst it was delivered in a slightly banter-ish tone, it had an undertone of truthfulness.... I assume she either wasn't keen or familiar! The cocktail had to go back anyway as it was disgusting...far too strong!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.