Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bahrain - lounge option\long wait at airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum

Hi all,

im headed to Bahrain next week for a meeting. The last day I’ll be finished at midday but the flight isn’t until 1am the next. Is BAH relatively friendly to a long wait as I won’t have a hotel room? If not I’ll consider paying for an extra hotel night.

AIso I understand I can apply for a VISA on arrival at BAH, is that correct?

Thanks all in advance
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
hi ,
not the best of airports for a long wait,
with a cx J tkt i had access to the gulf air lounge.
could have acessed 2 more with the priority pass , but didn't.
visa on arrival is correct (mostly with eu or us passport),
The people are quiet friendly, & you are better off to ask the hotel for a late check out & pay half day room charges or head to the city.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Thanks for that I’ll take the advice, can I access the gulf air lounge as a BA gold?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Diamond
Assuming your passport allows for visa on arrival, you will need to pay the passport officer (unless it's changed from 10 months ago) 5 BHD (approx. £10-11). You can pay by card.

I'm not sure if you can use the Gulf Air lounge, but you can use the 'Dilmun Lounge', but if you have a quick search online you'll see it's not somewhere worth spending too much time.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:36 pm

Definitely pay for an extra night (suppose you can even reimburse it, it becomes a no-brainer.. otherwise, MAYBE spending the day at a mall might be an option too, with luggage left at the hotel) - the airport is really no fun.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
Pay for extra night and do some toirism - the fort is quite nice, and has a good cafe. The lounge is very poor and not worth hanging around in.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:48 am

I concur with what others have said. I was in Bahrain couple of months back and had to take the same 1am flight back. I wouldn't spend more than 90 minutes in the lounge, even if that. You only get access to Dilmun lounge. I checked out another lounge with Priority pass and that was even worse than Dilmun. I would rather spend the additional time in the city.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:07 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
I have been to Bahrain quite few times lately. I agree with the others, the lounges are not great. They are not bad either, but you will be bored very quickly. I usually get a mocha cooler from Caribou (near Dilmun lounge) to kill 20 minutes. If staying at the hotel does not appeal, car rental is really cheap, even from the international brands. Fuel is cheaper than water. So you can have a drive round, head into one of malls or a restaurant. The Avenues Mall near the airport is new and impressive. This time of year it is hot as hell like the rest of the gulf, so you will not want to be outside much.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 2:10 pm

Anyone hear anything about the priority pass situation at BAH? Hopefully the Pearl lounges join soon. On Skyteam site it still shows Saudia as using Dilmun lounge, which is obviously incorrect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.