Wiki Posts
Search

Advice booking a QR codeshare via BA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Advice booking a QR codeshare via BA

So I’m ready to book a half term trip to CMB. I’m happy with £1907 flying from LGW. When I try to book via BA the price rockers to £3100. I did call and was told the cheapest fare bucket isn’t available for the code share.

Booking via BA is worth over 40,000 extra Avios as we are gold and I can use my black Amex.

I also understand that booking with BA would give me some EU261 on the way back?

Any ideas or am I stuck with QR if I want the lower price.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:57 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You are stuck with booking with QR basically. The only other way may be to find an alternate POS for the BA codes which does have the lower selling classes available, but you would need a very good TA to try and work through that.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: QF WP
Happy to be corrected but I think EU261 on the return depends on the operator not the code it’s marketed under
etiene likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nancypants
Happy to be corrected but I think EU261 on the return depends on the operator not the code it’s marketed under
yes sorry, missed that point. I would agree, operating airline counts not marketing - albeit the recent ECJ Czech airlines judgement has started to muddy that answer a little.
nancypants and YacozA like this.

Last edited by KARFA; Jul 23, 2019 at 3:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.