Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA8730 LCY GLA Fri 19th cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

BA8730 LCY GLA Fri 19th cancellation

My husband was due to take this flight from City to Glasgow tonight. Just been cancelled, about ten minutes before it was due to leave. If anyone with access to details of why it was cancelled, I'd be grateful to know these (always useful inn case of difficulty in getting EU261 compensation)
Secondly. The BA website says that there is the option to rebook through "manage my booking" but no such option was there. Is this a common problem or have we misunderstood the process?
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Can't see anything on ExpertFlyer at the moment, but the risk at this hour is that they are right up against LCY's curfew.

Rebooking online tends to work only for BA.com bookings which were not altered after initial booking, and ideally point to point. It often doesn't work, at least not to begin with, t sometimes takes a while for the original booking to show up as cancelled. It probably needs a call to the USA line for BA using Skype but check out your preferred option first, and that can include switching to LHR/LGW and/or EDI.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:56 pm
Suspended

G-LCYX appears to have gone tech at IBZ. G-LCYR was due to operate BA8730, my guess is G-LCYR will stay at LCY to operate flights instead of G-LCYX.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Hmmm. According to Flightradar (not always 100% accurate, I know) G-LCYR is underway as BA9750 and it appears to be heading for Glasgow....
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The best place to obtain solid information is from your husband. Presumably BA made an announcement and there are staff present to answer questions. Those people tend to provide the most unvarnished -- or perhaps least varnished -- facts.

For logistics purposes, FlightAware shows the inbound as having been 8717 xEDI and that it arrived LCY roughly on schedule.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Sadly that's not true. Few staff around to help at LCY and they simply said only "groups 1 / 2 / 3" could be accomodated onto other flights.
He gave up and went home. Virgin Trains tomorrow.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
So they had a working plane, they had pilots....so maybe no cabin crew?
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by richardwft
G-LCYX appears to have gone tech at IBZ. G-LCYR was due to operate BA8730, my guess is G-LCYR will stay at LCY to operate flights instead of G-LCYX.
For me there is definitely worse places to be stranded lol
FlyerTalker39574 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:00 am
Suspended

BA7303 LCY-LIN seems to be today’s cancellation.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Interestingly G-LCYX is positioning from IBZ to LINate to operate tomorrow’s BA7304 LIN-LCY following today’s cancellation of night stopping LCY-LIN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.