Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

And my worst BA flight of the year goes to.... BA9

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

And my worst BA flight of the year goes to.... BA9

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
This is truly a Thank-God-My-Mascara-Is-Waterproof Tale of Woe. The tracks of my tears would shame a Panda. Poor little NufNuf77. Horrid British AIrways for causing him so much humiliation and suffering. First his seat was shifted, then he had a wobbly tray table (probably one on which I used to can-can when the IFE was us), and then he was ignored. Beastly Crew and a CSD/M who could have cared less.

Myself I blame the instigator of all this Litany of Misery and that is Mrs NuffNuff. We’re she not so unreasonable, poor NuffNuff could have sat in CW and complained about that. Nufs Darling, you need to man up and tell her how many beans make 5. Him Indoors wouldn’t dare tell me which class that I frequent. He tried to lecture me on money once. That conversation was of short duration as I have loads more than he does, but as it’s in a joint account it is ours. I married him for his body and his pension. The first is clapped out and the other is keeping up with inflation. Just.

So, whilst I feel your pain Sweetie, I have no intention in sharing it. Like others I’m delighted that the wifi worked but I don’t believe for a minute that you “forgot” to eat in the CCR. I suspect that you ran late, they’d given away your seat and you got what was left. Still it all terribly tragic since it evokes both fear and pity.
Superb commentary, love it!
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
This is truly a Thank-God-My-Mascara-Is-Waterproof Tale of Woe. The tracks of my tears would shame a Panda. Poor little NufNuf77. Horrid British AIrways for causing him so much humiliation and suffering. First his seat was shifted, then he had a wobbly tray table (probably one on which I used to can-can when the IFE was us), and then he was ignored. Beastly Crew and a CSD/M who could have cared less.

Myself I blame the instigator of all this Litany of Misery and that is Mrs NuffNuff. We’re she not so unreasonable, poor NuffNuff could have sat in CW and complained about that. Nufs Darling, you need to man up and tell her how many beans make 5. Him Indoors wouldn’t dare tell me which class that I frequent. He tried to lecture me on money once. That conversation was of short duration as I have loads more than he does, but as it’s in a joint account it is ours. I married him for his body and his pension. The first is clapped out and the other is keeping up with inflation. Just.

So, whilst I feel your pain Sweetie, I have no intention in sharing it. Like others I’m delighted that the wifi worked but I don’t believe for a minute that you “forgot” to eat in the CCR. I suspect that you ran late, they’d given away your seat and you got what was left. Still it all terribly tragic since it evokes both fear and pity.
Pucci, if you didn’t already own the rights, this would be thoroughly deserving of a Mucci. Where’s the love heart icon when I need it...!?

Now, Nufnuf, a word to the wise... If you really want to keep the lovely lady happy, why not just give her your money now? That will save her the hassle of having to go through with the wedding and the stress of the divorce afterwards to get it
Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
BA9 is dreadful. The OP's post sounds about right to me. BA should just drop the route they've clearly given up on it. It used to be so different when it was the 747 with onward service to Sydney. That was a great flight.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
BA9 is dreadful. The OP's post sounds about right to me. BA should just drop the route they've clearly given up on it. It used to be so different when it was the 747 with onward service to Sydney. That was a great flight.
BA have far from given up on it. It just isn't a premium route, but it is still profitable even at the lower yields, so BA use old equipment.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
BA9 is dreadful. The OP's post sounds about right to me. BA should just drop the route they've clearly given up on it. ............
Do not lose faith. Hold on for the all-new Club World Suites

Due on the BKK route very soon (hopefully in about 2025)
Padmeister likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by subject2load

Do not lose faith. Hold on for the all-new Club World Suites

Due on the BKK route very soon (hopefully in about 2025)
... and LGW-Caribbean by 2030.
Padmeister and rapidex like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
... and LGW-Caribbean by 2030.
Now come on T8191 .. you’ve finally got your new bedding .... haven’t you ? (Haven’t you ??)

And if so .... that’s surely enough to keep all you LGW folk happy. No more complaints please
T8191 and Padmeister like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Yes, got the new bedding, menus and even glassware (sometimes). I guess I should be grateful
Padmeister and subject2load like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
The BA9/10 is no different to any other route BA use the 3 class on - I’ve had these planes to NAS and EZE etc .... no one ever seems to comment on these experiences being ‘worst ever’. As I mentioned up thread I also now have one of these on an upcoming Mumbai - I will be well armed with self loaded movies - beyond that I don’t expect to notice any difference in the CW experience - other than I can’t upgrade to F
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Chris9642
I’ve had non functioning IFE on BAs latest A380s and 777-300s - when I know im on one of the older un refurbed planes I always load up my MacBook Pro with movies so I don’t notice the difference.
Yep: I was seated in 1E in March on a 787-9 to NRT and the IFE conked out. Several reboots didn't rectify the situation: Luckily it was towards the end of the flight and on film 3!
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:05 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
The BA9/10 is no different to any other route BA use the 3 class on - I’ve had these planes to NAS and EZE etc .... no one ever seems to comment on these experiences being ‘worst ever’. As I mentioned up thread I also now have one of these on an upcoming Mumbai - I will be well armed with self loaded movies - beyond that I don’t expect to notice any difference in the CW experience - other than I can’t upgrade to F
going hand luggage and taking just work laptop means I don’t have my own IFE - relying on BA and my iPhone... if the wifi worked well I would have sort of been fine though lack of usb power to charge phone doesn’t help!
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Absolutely correct, these 777-200s are regularly heading out to Bangkok, Bengaluru, Buenos Aires, Delhi, Mumbai, Tel Aviv to name a few. However, it's only seems to be BKK that gets hammered by the worst flight ever comments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.