Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

And my worst BA flight of the year goes to.... BA9

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

And my worst BA flight of the year goes to.... BA9

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:11 pm

Hope OP filled in an official complaint form and got some Avios in return for his non functioning tray and IFE.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Broken IFE is common, as are dysfunctional tray tables ... in every class on every route, surely?
Well if that's the standard, then... In over 70 flights over the past 4 years on aircraft with an IFE (out of 151 flights total, see link in signature) I've not once come across a broken one. A handful of poorly calibrated touchscreens (but still usable), a few traytables that sloped a little rather than being perfectly horizontal.. but not broken. Perhaps I've just been lucky, in that none of those flights were on BA
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:13 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Hope OP filled in an official complaint form and got some Avios in return for his non functioning tray and IFE.
no I haven’t, but I will especially complain about the service part and sarcasm.

i was also promised a bottle of wine from CW to take away as a little something - they forgot even about that...
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
It’s a fair use of a GUF for a direct ride to BKK but again QR or a ride on UL would be what I’d be doing. Even MH or even RJ. So many options.

Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:37 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
What struck me most about your post was that you are a GGL/CCR cardholder and that seemed to make no difference in avoiding or rectifying any of the service failures. Not a good sign and demotivating to get to the 5000 tier points annually. I wonder whether CX diamond plus members have to put up with similar issues.
pjh981 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Jed
I wonder whether CX diamond plus members have to put up with similar issues.
They would if they chose to fly BA to or from Bangkok. I would be in the 'BA Apologist' category if we had to be split into two camps, but even I would never choose BA to get to Bangkok. Such a wonderful city with so many great ways of accessing it. Attractive fares on the likes of LH or EK often available. There is no really no excuse to hand your ŁŁŁ to BA if flying this route - BA just seem to have decided this is going to be its Cinderalla offering whereas the competition take it seriously...
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:51 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Jed
What struck me most about your post was that you are a GGL/CCR cardholder and that seemed to make no difference in avoiding or rectifying any of the service failures. Not a good sign and demotivating to get to the 5000 tier points annually. I wonder whether CX diamond plus members have to put up with similar issues.
incidentally I was so fed up with BA in the last 6-9 months after numerous service failures (fares not ticketed properly, change fee charged when death in family, arguing over damaged suitcase) that I am going to also get diamond on CX concurrently, currently on gold in CX scheme.
I just think apart from some exceptional staff in Lhr and Concorde room, most of the airline is going downhill. And tbh the service I get on my weekly visits to CX in T3, the unlimited guesting they allow me as we are on first term basis, the priority for showers and food, the personal touch when dealing with forgotten property and the great smiles and welcomes make me feel at home with CX...
george77300 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:47 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
This is truly a Thank-God-My-Mascara-Is-Waterproof Tale of Woe. The tracks of my tears would shame a Panda. Poor little NufNuf77. Horrid British AIrways for causing him so much humiliation and suffering. First his seat was shifted, then he had a wobbly tray table (probably one on which I used to can-can when the IFE was us), and then he was ignored. Beastly Crew and a CSD/M who could have cared less.

Myself I blame the instigator of all this Litany of Misery and that is Mrs NuffNuff. We’re she not so unreasonable, poor NuffNuff could have sat in CW and complained about that. Nufs Darling, you need to man up and tell her how many beans make 5. Him Indoors wouldn’t dare tell me which class that I frequent. He tried to lecture me on money once. That conversation was of short duration as I have loads more than he does, but as it’s in a joint account it is ours. I married him for his body and his pension. The first is clapped out and the other is keeping up with inflation. Just.

So, whilst I feel your pain Sweetie, I have no intention in sharing it. Like others I’m delighted that the wifi worked but I don’t believe for a minute that you “forgot” to eat in the CCR. I suspect that you ran late, they’d given away your seat and you got what was left. Still it all terribly tragic since it evokes both fear and pity.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
This is truly a Thank-God-My-Mascara-Is-Waterproof Tale of Woe. The tracks of my tears would shame a Panda. Poor little NufNuf77. Horrid British AIrways for causing him so much humiliation and suffering. First his seat was shifted, then he had a wobbly tray table (probably one on which I used to can-can when the IFE was us), and then he was ignored. Beastly Crew and a CSD/M who could have cared less.

Myself I blame the instigator of all this Litany of Misery and that is Mrs NuffNuff. We’re she not so unreasonable, poor NuffNuff could have sat in CW and complained about that. Nufs Darling, you need to man up and tell her how many beans make 5. Him Indoors wouldn’t dare tell me which class that I frequent. He tried to lecture me on money once. That conversation was of short duration as I have loads more than he does, but as it’s in a joint account it is ours. I married him for his body and his pension. The first is clapped out and the other is keeping up with inflation. Just.

So, whilst I feel your pain Sweetie, I have no intention in sharing it. Like others I’m delighted that the wifi worked but I don’t believe for a minute that you “forgot” to eat in the CCR. I suspect that you ran late, they’d given away your seat and you got what was left. Still it all terribly tragic since it evokes both fear and pity.
I love how you word things Pucci

Poor NuffNuff how awful for him to suffer so badly! #firstworldproblems
PUCCI GALORE and ubiest like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

I think nufnuf77 needs a good Hairbrushing somewhere painful to sort him out
PUCCI GALORE and nufnuf77 like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:07 am

I wonder if there could be some class action against BA for anyone who has had to travel on one of those decaying 3-Class 777-200s?
nufnuf77 and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Why is it only the BKK flights get such bad reports when same aircraft are used elsewhere including EZE ?!?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by rapidex
Sorry for the ROFL but you buy WT+ on the BA9 then surprise surprise its rubbish. What did you expect?

It’s a fair point, given just how much discussion the Forum has seen in recent weeks/months about the delights - or more accurately, the absence of - to be had from travelling BA9. There has been a series of threads giving due warning, not least BA 9 LHR-BKK. Is it getting worse ?

So yes, no surprise there. The view might be that it is a comparatively low-yield route and hence the old equipment / poor standards (as you say ‘What did you expect ?’ )

But with BKK almost a permanent fixture in the league of most-visited global cities (maybe even Number One in some years .... ??) perhaps there is some surprise that BA doesn’t try to put on a better show for the route.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by subject2load

It’s a fair point, given just how much discussion the Forum has seen in recent weeks/months about the delights - or more accurately, the absence of - to be had from travelling BA9. There has been a series of threads giving due warning, not least BA 9 LHR-BKK. Is it getting worse ?

So yes, no surprise there. The view might be that it is a comparatively low-yield route and hence the old equipment / poor standards (as you say ‘What did you expect ?’ )

But with BKK almost a permanent fixture in the league of most-visited global cities (maybe even Number One in some years .... ??) perhaps there is some surprise that BA doesn’t try to put on a better show for the route.
I have just booked a rock bottom fare this morning for Mrs rapidex to go home to see her Mum. She knows exactly what to expect. This is a cheap and cheerful route for BA, nothing more nothing less.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by rapidex
I have just booked a rock bottom fare this morning for Mrs rapidex to go home to see her Mum. She knows exactly what to expect. This is a cheap and cheerful route for BA, nothing more nothing less.
oh please share if there’s some good premium deals around - couldn’t find much yesterday for any destination - wished I had booked one of the killer CDG deals last week but hesitated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.