Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Change of BA Aircraft from 787 to 777 - info please?

Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Avios

Grateful to anyone that can help.

We’ve booked 4 tickets to Abu Dhabi flying from Heathrow in December 2019, flying Club World with British Airways.

We recently had an email from BA advising us that the seats we paid for on the 787-9 aircraft have been changed for operational reasons. We have gone to check and it seems that they have changed the aircraft to the Boeing 777 variant. The seat configuration has changed to a 2-4-2 Club World Cabin with 6 rows (total of 48 CW seats) starting from row 10 going up to row 15 (Seats A-K). I've noticed that the aircraft will have a first class cabin also.

Can anyone advise what these cabins are like - I've flown on the 777 with BA previously and recall it being very dated with IFE from the 1990's! I’ve spent a lot on these tickets and don’t want to be disappointed. I hear BA are refurbishing their fleet so is there a chance it could be one of these planes?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, HHonors: Silver, Virgin Flying Club: Red, Miles & More
This will probably be one of the LHR based G-VII* subfleet (also including G-RAES). These are not too bad, and no these don't have the very old IFE. I think you'll get the Thales IFE system, which I've heard is pretty good. Put it this way, it's the same IFE system that you would've had on the 787, I think! Others may correct me on that!
george77300 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:53 am

To turn it around and look at the bright side. The good thing with BA is that you will have the same type of setup, seats and facilities on all widebody aircrafts (slightly different IFE on some) and know what you get regardless. Compared to a lot of other carriers where you can be swapped from a single business-suite to a "almost-flatbed" 2- or 3-seater or other configs so you never know what you will get until you are onboard the plane.

Look at the bright sides and enjoy your trip
ThrowingBoeing likes this.

Last edited by Discus; Jul 20, 2019 at 3:11 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.