Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to get to hawaii with BA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Gig103
Keep in mind that the 'last leg' LAX-HNL is 6 hours long, which is the same as your JFK-LAX time and 75% the length of LHR-JFK, both of which you are buying layflats/business for. AA's non layflat service isn't anything special, I'd reconsider the DFW if the price works.
I've done LAX-HNL and back on the 321 which is non lie-flat but as both were daytime flights for me at least it was ok. Assuming you depart on 240 10 a few seconds after take-off there is not much to look at apart from the Pacific though if I recall I think to my left i spotted Catalina island. I've done the overnight Lie-flat on the A330 to PHX which I believe ha been mentioned in this thread and can vouch for it. Yout get into PHX pretty early then connect (assuming you're heading to Europe and want TP's) to the East coast (In my case PHL) which was on a 321 (non lie-flat).

ML
Old Jul 24, 2019, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Oh, the lie flat luxury!

Depart OGG at midnight to LAX (5h ?), then LAX-CLT (5h ?) and then CLT-DUB (7h ?). We can only recall endless breakfasts after 2 night sectors and only one (the last one) of 3 in a flat-bad.

After that last experience, you can stuff the TPs ... to much hard work at our age.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.