Wiki Posts
Search

Tier point run - cheapest way to 60 points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Platinum, TK *G, BA Silver
Tier point run - cheapest way to 60 points

I'm going to end the year 60 points short of Silver. So I'm looking for the cheapest way to achieve 60 tier points between now and October. My preference is for a same day return to avoid spending on a hotel.

I've tried random dates on a few of what I gather are the "usual suspects" (LUX, EDI, NCL) but prices are high - maybe because it's the holiday season.

Any ideas or cheap fares that you stumble across would be very welcome!
Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Same day is likely to be the problem - usually cheap fares need an overnight - it'll be cheaper to do a night away than to do a same-day return in most cases unless you get lucky and book economy then buy up.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks Cymro! Presumably if I booked economy and then upgraded I would only get the tier points for economy?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by tomauk
Thanks Cymro! Presumably if I booked economy and then upgraded I would only get the tier points for economy?
No, if it's a BA flight and you take a POUG offer then you'll get Biz TP's

However it's normally cheaper to book Biz from the start rather than rely on possible upgrade offers.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
look on the BA app at the bottom of the home page for cheap fares and set 0 days and business class for European destinations. You'll find something before October. Often good to take a minibreak rather than a run too, i.e. have a weekend away, so look at holiday destinations.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:57 am

For example, Wed 4th sept you appear to have AMS on a day trip for £170 from LGW with reasonable timings.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bisonrav
For example, Wed 4th sept you appear to have AMS on a day trip for £170 from LGW with reasonable timings.
This is spot on, I'm booking it now for £169.82. Thanks very much!
T8191, tynmar and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by tomauk
This is spot on, I'm booking it now for £169.82. Thanks very much!
and if you haven't yet you can even book it using Avios to discount the price and still receive full Tier Points and Avios for the booking itself...
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:25 am

And don't forget price promise. Travelup is usually good as a point of comparison. Just find the same flights in CE and you'll probably score a voucher for a tenner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.