GGL Partner Cards

Old Jul 17, 19, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA Plat Pro
GGL Partner Cards

Is anyone else having issues with Partner Card nomination?

System is telling me I cannot nominate partners until I set up a HH Account, which I already have and has been active for years and used previously for nominations.

Is this just another site glitch or have I missed an 'enhancement' of some sort...….

Many thanks
Old Jul 17, 19, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Traveller, PUCCI Fan Club
I nominated a Silver card last week with no problems. The recipient was in my friends and family list but not in my HHA.
chessers1 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 19, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold 5k
I had a similar error a couple of weeks ago whilst using Safari (despite successfully nominating using Safari before). It worked straight away using Chrome, so maybe worth a shot?

I'm struggling to attach a screenshot tonight, but my error message was the following:
"Sorry, you cannot continue. You need to have a Household Account and/or a Family and Friends list to be able to select someone to nominate. Please create a Household Account or a Family and Friends list."

(For reference, I'm not in a Household Account but do have a Family and Friends list)
chessers1 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 19, 3:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Titanium.
Oh. I am so envious of this as I will never get to gold.

Good Luck sorting your IT issues with BA.
Old Jul 17, 19, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA Plat Pro
Ahh, thank you - exactly what I am seeing.

Will try on another browser.
Old Jul 17, 19, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I have been round this circle a couple of times this membership year (in early March and again in April) where I got told I needed HHA/F&F list (both of which I have had for some time) and to create same to make a nomination.

First time I emailed and was sorted quickly, second time I rang up. Next nomination due beginning of August so am expecting further run around. Though last membership year all 3 nominations done online without any hassle.

I recall reading (and posting) about this before though my search skills are too rubbish to find any of it. I have put it down to being one of BA IT's "endearing" little foibles.
Old Jul 17, 19, 7:59 pm

Programs: BA (GGL), AA (statusless), HH (Diamond);
According to the GGL team it's a known issue. I contacted them and they took care of the nomination for me.

Now if only you could have more than 5 friends and family when you have a HH account... I'm out of people I can nominate currently!
Old Jul 17, 19, 8:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by dylanks View Post
According to the GGL team it's a known issue. I contacted them and they took care of the nomination for me.

Now if only you could have more than 5 friends and family when you have a HH account... I'm out of people I can nominate currently!
That too can be resolved by a call to the GGL team.
Old Jul 17, 19, 9:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR; AA LT Gold; AS 75K; DL MM SM aka dirt; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by chessers1 View Post
Is anyone else having issues with Partner Card nomination?

System is telling me I cannot nominate partners until I set up a HH Account, which I already have and has been active for years and used previously for nominations.

Is this just another site glitch or have I missed an 'enhancement' of some sort...….

Many thanks
You do not necessarily need a HH Account. You need them on your HH account or Friends and Family list.
I have had similar issues in the past of having the correct setup with Friends and Family list and not being able to do the nomination online. I had no trouble calling the GGL line and having them do the nomination while I was on the phone. It only takes a few more minutes than online. So it's a bit annoying but not a big issue.
Old Jul 18, 19, 1:38 am

Programs: BA (GGL), AA (statusless), HH (Diamond);
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post

Hmmm, they told me no (system won’t let me drop a friend who still has a partner card from last year, and I had to add my parents as friends and family to book award tickets for them).
Old Jul 18, 19, 2:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by dylanks View Post

Hmmm, they told me no (system won’t let me drop a friend who still has a partner card from last year, and I had to add my parents as friends and family to book award tickets for them).
That is a different proposition to nominating Partner Cards.
Old Jul 24, 19, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Rather than starting a new thread... I was just nominating teenager TinKicker junior to silver card ahead of a family trip and I get a pop up saying the nominee "must be over 18". I can't find this as a condition anywhere else and I've ignored it and it seems to have been accepted but just wondering if I've missed something?
Old Jul 24, 19, 5:04 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, EK Gold, Virgin Gold,
Originally Posted by tinkicker View Post
Rather than starting a new thread... I was just nominating teenager TinKicker junior to silver card ahead of a family trip and I get a pop up saying the nominee "must be over 18". I can't find this as a condition anywhere else and I've ignored it and it seems to have been accepted but just wondering if I've missed something?
I have had this too for NRGSaver Jr (also under eighteen) but a quick call to the GGL line has always sorted it out in short order.
Old Jul 24, 19, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by NRGsaver View Post
I have had this too for NRGSaver Jr (also under eighteen) but a quick call to the GGL line has always sorted it out in short order.
Cheers, I'll phone them later to check it has worked.
Old Jul 24, 19, 5:19 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post

Interesting - just to clarify, does this mean it is possible to call the GGL line and have a partner card gifted to a BAEC member not in my friends/family or HH account?

I have a spare card left, everyone in my lists already has status, and I amended my HH account only a month ago so it's "locked" for 5 months

Search this Thread
Search Engine: