Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR - TPA / Change of Connecting Flight - Long Layover

LHR - TPA / Change of Connecting Flight - Long Layover

Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:30 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Inselhuepfer
Final update in this sad saga - I just re-booked myself onto the LGW - MCO direct service. The flight has window seats available and gets into MCO at 15.35. Hopefully with GE I won't be stuck in immigration hell. Never been to Orlando, never really wanted to go, but hey, it's all an experience and I'll be out of there next morning at the very latest. And at least I get my window seat!

Thank again for all the tips and opinions, as I said earlier, lots of food for thought. I hope AA sorts itself out, I have always had good experiences with them, to be honest (but to Pucci's point - I flew Alaska Air last year and agree, I thought they were very good!).
Thank you my Love for keeping us updated. So often people come and ask for some information, or make some complaint and off they go and we hardly hear from them again. Whatever happens, I hope that you have a lovely time and that you enjoy your holiday. I, for one, would probably have done the same as you, for what that's worth!
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Inselhuepfer
Final update in this sad saga - I just re-booked myself onto the LGW - MCO direct service. The flight has window seats available and gets into MCO at 15.35. Hopefully with GE I won't be stuck in immigration hell. Never been to Orlando, never really wanted to go, but hey, it's all an experience and I'll be out of there next morning at the very latest. And at least I get my window seat!

Thank again for all the tips and opinions, as I said earlier, lots of food for thought. I hope AA sorts itself out, I have always had good experiences with them, to be honest (but to Pucci's point - I flew Alaska Air last year and agree, I thought they were very good!).
I hope you have a great trip and Crystal River is fantastic. Make sure to go Tubing if you can and don't worry about the alligators. You've picked a great time of year for your trip.

I can see I'm too late but I was going to put in a shout for TPA over MCO. If you're traveling to Crystal River and have checked bags you'll be getting out of the airport around 5pm and I suspect it will take you about 45 minutes longer to drive there from MCO than TPA at that time of day. It's a breeze heading north on the Veterans from TPA which is the main road up to Crystal River whereas from MCO you will have some traffic to navigate before getting out of Orlando. Having said that, it's all part of the experience

Last edited by golfmad; Jul 18, 2019 at 10:58 am
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
Originally Posted by golfmad
I hope you have a great trip and Crystal River is fantastic. Make sure to go Tubing if you can and don't worry about the alligators. You've picked a great time of year for your trip.

I can see I'm too late but I was going to put in a shout for TPA over MCO. If you're traveling to Crystal River and have checked bags you'll be getting out of the airport around 5pm and I suspect it will take you about 45 minutes more to drive there from MCO than TPA at that time of day. Having said that, it's all part of the experience
Alligators?!? I wasn't worried about alligators until you mentioned them!

But thank you very much for the tip, I will definitely try to go tubing, I have no real agenda for the trip but this is an area which I haven't been to and it looks really interesting, so I plan to spend lots of time on the water.

And thank you very much for your kind words, Pucci, I feel very honoured to have you reply to one of my posts!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.