Gold on HBO booking

Old Jul 16, 19, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Gold on HBO booking

Hello

I have read mixed reports on FT about this. Can Gold's get free seat selection on HBO fares at the time of booking?

Also what happens when a Blue status holder is travelling with a Gold but the Gold has booked all the tickets, Can I choose his seat too for free?

Finally, What are the chances that check in would let you check in the bag even though your HBO ( It would be a small bag)?
Old Jul 16, 19, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by tomparskate View Post
Hello

I have read mixed reports on FT about this. Can Gold's get free seat selection on HBO fares at the time of booking?

Also what happens when a Blue status holder is travelling with a Gold but the Gold has booked all the tickets, Can I choose his seat too for free?

Finally, What are the chances that check in would let you check in the bag even though your HBO ( It would be a small bag)?

Hi,
You do get free seat selection at time of booking now.

Not sure if it applies to your travelling colleagues.

For checked luggage, a HBO fare regardless of status will not allow a checked bag unless you pay. However if it is a bag you would normally carry on then you may be able to get it checked in into the hold free of charge- certainly at LHR/LGW experiences can vary at outstations)

Regards

TBS
george77300 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 19, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hello

As a Silver I get free seat selection at booking on HBO so Gold will for sure.

If a Gold on the booking, all on the booking get free seat selection at booking regardless of everyone else's status so the Blue can select free seats.

No check in of a bag normally. I have been asked to gate check bags for free if I want for more space onboard but not sure if this is a given.
Old Jul 16, 19, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond.
You will get free seat selection for you and anyone on your booking, and in the same cabin.
george77300 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 19, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot View Post
Hi,
You do get free seat selection at time of booking now.

Not sure if it applies to your travelling colleagues.
I just tried a dummy booking to see out of interest - I wasn't sure on this either. Anyway, my booking with a non-status passenger seemed to allow seat selection for free for both passengers.
Old Jul 16, 19, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Great! Thanks a lot everyone Also, What boarding group are you as a Gold on HBO?
Old Jul 16, 19, 1:14 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Group 1
Old Jul 16, 19, 1:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Great! Thanks a lot everyone Also, What boarding group are you as a Gold on HBO?
Why would that bother you? Your usually still in the lounge when they start boarding?
Old Jul 16, 19, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

That is very true😂😂😂
KeaneJohn and madfish like this.
Old Jan 20, 20, 11:57 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by george77300 View Post
If a Gold on the booking, all on the booking get free seat selection at booking regardless of everyone else's status so the Blue can select free seats.
So if a blue makes a booking for himself and a gch, all the gch benefits will be recognised and the person making the booking, though without status themselves, could select seats for both for free?

What about the extra reward seats for gch, presumably those are only shown when the gold logs in?

I want to gift a gold card to my parents but the person who does all the bookings for both of them is not the person who travels most!
Old Jan 20, 20, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
I just tried a dummy booking to see out of interest - I wasn't sure on this either. Anyway, my booking with a non-status passenger seemed to allow seat selection for free for both passengers.
I must confess, I was never sure on this either. Now i know

H

Search this Thread
Search Engine: