Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Reward Flight Savers priced from £1 - trial begins 16 July 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reward Flight Savers priced from £1 - trial begins 16 July 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2020, 12:37 am
dnw

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Yes, I was happy the Javascript workaround worked. In fact, it still seems to work too as long as the reservation is intact and no flight cancellation has yet taken place. I am still holding future bookings that can be cancelled this way, although I would prefer to fly them.
The JS workaround has been disabled across all platforms since around 18th April. Are you sure you are not getting as far as the consent page but no further?
Old May 6, 2020, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Million dollar question; once things start to settle do people see the current RFS redemption rate going up?
Old May 6, 2020, 9:57 am
ECR

Originally Posted by londonba2014
Million dollar question; once things start to settle do people see the current RFS redemption rate going up?
It already has happened over the last few weeks. At the cheapest 50p price point the UK and the shorter European routes one way were 7500 avios off peak and 8000 peak. These have been raised by 1000 avios to 8500 off peak and 9000 peak. Other price points have seen an increase in cash or avios. For example off peak was 4000 avios plus £15.50 one way and this has now risen to £17.50 (which was the old RFS default before the lower £1 base return was introduced).

They seem to have introduced the prices rises without grabbing any attention, presumably as few people are booking or flying right now.
Old May 6, 2020, 12:44 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dnw
The JS workaround has been disabled across all platforms since around 18th April. Are you sure you are not getting as far as the consent page but no further?
I've checked. I did it on April 6th, that must be why it worked. So they've actively invested real time in explicitly blocking this. #.......s
Old May 6, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ECR
It already has happened over the last few weeks. At the cheapest 50p price point the UK and the shorter European routes one way were 7500 avios off peak and 8000 peak. These have been raised by 1000 avios to 8500 off peak and 9000 peak. Other price points have seen an increase in cash or avios. For example off peak was 4000 avios plus £15.50 one way and this has now risen to £17.50 (which was the old RFS default before the lower £1 base return was introduced).

They seem to have introduced the prices rises without grabbing any attention, presumably as few people are booking or flying right now.
Has there been an increase in the "normal" redemption rates or only the "trial" rates? This would break the promise BA made at the last devaluation to always give notice of changes in advance.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Has there been an increase in the "normal" redemption rates or only the "trial" rates? This would break the promise BA made at the last devaluation to always give notice of changes in advance.
There has been an increase in the "normal" rates at least as far as USD are concerned. The cash component is pricing at 62 USD rather than 42 USD. I was told the only way to get the "correct" rate is to have a UK address.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
There has been an increase in the "normal" rates at least as far as USD are concerned. The cash component is pricing at 62 USD rather than 42 USD. I was told the only way to get the "correct" rate is to have a UK address.
I don’t think that is right. You may be noticing a price difference between an “RFS” (Reward Flight Saver) for which you must qualify rather than the normal Avios + Fees, Taxes and Charges.

The new RFS rates have increase Avios and lowered RFS fee but this has never publicly changed from being a trial to being final. The first step of Avios&Cash is the previous RFS fee, give or take, reducing Avios required to the standard RFS amount.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 8:47 am

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
I don’t think that is right. You may be noticing a price difference between an “RFS” (Reward Flight Saver) for which you must qualify rather than the normal Avios + Fees, Taxes and Charges.

The new RFS rates have increase Avios and lowered RFS fee but this has never publicly changed from being a trial to being final. The first step of Avios&Cash is the previous RFS fee, give or take, reducing Avios required to the standard RFS amount.
No, I am not. Executive Club staff confirmed that I qualify for RFS. I sent an email and am waiting for them to respond.

There is some more detail in this thread:
Avios Redemption Pricing Error?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.