FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   YYZ Access to OW lounge when flying in on a BA CW flight? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1978154-yyz-access-ow-lounge-when-flying-ba-cw-flight.html)

tmac100 Jul 15, 2019 7:22 am

YYZ Access to OW lounge when flying in on a BA CW flight?

I searched threads but found nada on this subject. On Friday (19th) I fly into YYZ on a BA flight sitting in CW. Do I have access to any OW lounges on arrival?
TIA

Cymro Jul 15, 2019 7:23 am

Where are you flying to, and with whom?

The _Banking_Scot Jul 15, 2019 7:28 am

Hi.

And if you are just flying into YYZ then there are no arrival lounges as you are directed straight to immigration.
There may be a paid lounge after customs but it would not be a ow lounge

Regards

Tbs

aidy Jul 15, 2019 8:02 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 31305135)
Hi.

And if you are just flying into YYZ then there are no arrival lounges as you are directed straight to immigration.
There may be a paid lounge after customs but it would not be a ow lounge

Regards

Tbs

and no paid lounge after customs... but theres a Tims ;D

tmac100 Jul 15, 2019 9:01 am

Irrelevant as to where I am flying from and with whom I am flying with. Typical red-herring question. But that said....

AFAIK, BA into YYZ (and terminating there) are only from LON, and that means LHR in my case and on IB7341. I am flying with a plane load of other pax, none of whom I know.
Any other questions?

Yes, YYZ is not LHR, so I didn't expect an arrivals lounge with BA access - but thought I would ask the experts on this FT forum anyways. Timmy's as a lounge? I despise their coffee.

KARFA Jul 15, 2019 9:14 am

Originally Posted by tmac100 (Post 31305406)
Irrelevant as to where I am flying from and with whom I am flying with. Typical red-herring question. But that said....

AFAIK, BA into YYZ (and terminating there) are only from LON, and that means LHR in my case and on IB7341. I am flying with a plane load of other pax, none of whom I know.
Any other questions?

To be fair the questions were very relevant - I was going to ask the same to try and answer your query but Cymro is quicker on the draw today :)

If you were terminating at YYZ then no access - thanks for now confirming this is what you are doing.

If you were connecting onwards then you may get access to a OW lounge but it depended on who your onward flight was with as it would need to be a OW operated and marketed flight to get access to a OW lounge.

kellytoronto Jul 15, 2019 10:15 am

Oneworld uses 3 departure lounges at YYZ, there are no arrival facilities:

BA: T3 BA (operated by Priority Pass, best of bunch with pre-flight dining for G+)
CX: T3 Priority Pass (awful lounge)
AA: T3 Transborder Admiral's club (passable)

Note - there is a Sheraton hotel attached to T3, which could be "converted" into an arrivals lounge with a paid stay.

golfmad Jul 15, 2019 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by tmac100 (Post 31305406)

Any other questions?

I think the question was about the airline you're flying on, not whether you're flying with people you know :)

With respect, people are generally trying to help you when responding to your thread. There's no need to bite their heads off or they may not try to help you in the future.

tmac100 Jul 15, 2019 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 31305461)
......If you were connecting onwards then you may get access to a OW lounge but it depended on who your onward flight was with as it would need to be a OW operated and marketed flight to get access to a OW lounge.

Yes, I understand about that - just like when flying (on BA) DXB-LHR-YYZ I would have access to Galleries Departure (and since it is LHR) and to the Arrivals lounge too (but only because I was in BA Business class and into LHR). I guess YYZ is like CMB in that there is no special arrivals OW lounge - at least that I am aware of, and I often fly UL in Business class DOH-CMB-KUL or DXB-CMB-SIN...

By the way, if I am flying OW (not BA) into LHR in Business class, am I allowed access into the Business Arrivals lounge? Just wondering.....

tmac100 Jul 15, 2019 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 31306489)
I think the question was about the airline you're flying on, not whether you're flying with people you know :)

I did state that I was on a BA flight into YYZ and "sitting in CW".

UKtravelbear Jul 15, 2019 2:31 pm

Arrivals lounges aren't always OW world lounges

At LHR the T5 lounge is only for those arriving on BA flights in CW and F or BA gold or AA EXPO but again arriving on BA

AA LHR T3 access for J and F on BA/AA/CX/QF and OW Emeralds

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post28258293

This is why details such as the airline you are flying on, cabin and status matters as arrivals have different rules that departure lounges

KARFA Jul 15, 2019 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by tmac100 (Post 31306680)
By the way, if I am flying OW (not BA) into LHR in Business class, am I allowed access into the Business Arrivals lounge? Just wondering.....

As noted by others the T5 arivals lounge is not a oneworld lounge and is only available when arriving on any BA operated long haul flight. Some of the oneworld airlines at LHR do make their own arrival lounge provisions.

tmac100 Jul 15, 2019 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 31306799)
As noted by others the T5 arivals lounge is not a oneworld lounge and is only available when arriving on any BA operated long haul flight. Some of the oneworld airlines at LHR do make their own arrival lounge provisions.

NOW I understand the complexity of my original question. Silly me for making the assumption that I was asking a simple question.

Apologies to those whom I may have offended. My bad 🤯 and 🤐

aidy Jul 15, 2019 11:34 pm

:DNo one is being rude, just trying to be helpful

however you do have your answer, so everyone is happy

tmac100 Jul 16, 2019 12:21 am

Originally Posted by aidy (Post 31308009)
:DNo one is being rude, just trying to be helpful

however you do have your answer, so everyone is happy

And so it goes. At least I get to visit departure lounges in OPO, MAD, and LHR on that marathon series of flights this Friday. Plus, I get 3 needed sectors so another 👏
And yes, I will avoid Timmy's during my stay in Canada 😉