LGW Club World Catering

Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
LGW Club World Catering

Heading back to LGW for some Club World flights soon, the first being a trip to Florida with the new girlfriend.

Can anyone be so kind and advise the differences between the LGW and LHR CW product, can we still request 2 starters, say soup and salad, or maybe dessert and cheese ? Wondering if the LGW product has caught up with big brother at LHR yet.

So far so good, we are booked on refurbed aircraft both ways.

Any other differencies that would be nice to know. I hear from another thread that drinks can be a bit limited, I was hoping to sip bubbles all the way across the pond :-)
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Have always found LGW crew to be generous with the drinks - also the fizz is open in the Club Kitchen and you can continue to go and top up as you please

Catering I'd suggest a nosey at the main thread :

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I went to PUJ recently and didn't notice any difference between what you'd expect on a similar distance LHR flight as far as the food is concerned, menu's seemed pretty much the same.

If anything due to having no first class on most LGW flights, less status passengers (just 1 couple boarded in Group 1 on our flight) and a smaller CW cabin on the updated 777, it feels like you're a bit more premium than at LHR. As at LHR often you are often only one of nearly a 100 business + first passengers, as well as the golds etc in the W & Y it can feel very impersonal in CW at LHR.

Added to which I think the Florida or the Caribbean flights have that holiday feeling across the plane opposed the LHR "I've a meeting to be at" feeling.

Oh and the better club lounge.

Considering LGW is viewed as the poor relation, it quite liked it the place.compared to LHR
T8191 and ENTP like this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Just back from UVF ex-LGW. Can’t say I see a great difference between LGW and LHR trips, tbh.

Crew, and indeed assigned airframe, is always a bit of a lottery ex-LGW, but otherwise a fairly solid product. With the big and uncontrolled LGW l/h gates, make sure you’re near the door to the airbridge and try to hear the boarding announcements!

Have a good trip!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.