Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

From which airports can you board from the lounge on BA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci

Hi all,

Just wondering which airports allow direct boarding from the lounge with BA.

I know you get that at Belfast City, and also San Francisco. Where else does this happen, if anywhere?

Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Boston
Chicago F lounge
Im tempted to say Jersey but my memory isn't what it was
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Jersey I think yes depending on gate but our resident expert should be along to confirm - Mr T to the white courtesy phone please.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dnajockey
Jersey I think yes depending on gate but our resident expert should be along to confirm - Mr T to the white courtesy phone please.
not any more. previously if it was from gate 3 they opened the doors in the lounge and you went straight in to the gate holding area. however when the refurbished and extended the lounge it took up some of that holding area for gate 3 so there is no longer any boarding from the lounge.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
How about Leeds?
I saw an extra door leading from the lounge to the jetway a BA plane was standing.
Does BA always use the same gate there?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SirToby
How about Leeds?
I saw an extra door leading from the lounge to the jetway a BA plane was standing.
Does BA always use the same gate there?
Definitely no from LBA. BA generally use gate 4, but sometimes gate 3. However, there is no gate from which you can you can board directly the lounges. I have suggested it to them as a future improvement
SirToby likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
San Francisco boards from the lounge only for the 747 flight - not the A380 flight (and I don't think this has changed as part of the lounge's recent internal re-furb).

Chicago boards from the First/Gold lounge only - CLub World/Silver board from the gate. It's about 70/30 whether the flight actually ends up at the right gate for lounge boarding, in my experience. I have only ever done this on a 747/777 - not sure if the A380 flight also boards from the lounge at Chicago.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Silver
Belfast City (BHD), you can board directly from the lounge.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
not any more. previously if it was from gate 3 they opened the doors in the lounge and you went straight in to the gate holding area. however when the refurbished and extended the lounge it took up some of that holding area for gate 3 so there is no longer any boarding from the lounge.
Indeed, and the lounge is now operated by a third party which is another nail in the coffin of BA direct boarding.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:24 am

Is SFO just in First or is it Club World too?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Anyone in the lounge
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: BA GGL
Wouldn't a ramp from T5 GF direct to a few of a A gates be nice; even if only the domestic ones.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by ratypus
Chicago boards from the First/Gold lounge only - CLub World/Silver board from the gate. It's about 70/30 whether the flight actually ends up at the right gate for lounge boarding, in my experience. I have only ever done this on a 747/777 - not sure if the A380 flight also boards from the lounge at Chicago.
No A380 boarding from the lounge at ORD. The A380 gate is M11 and the lounge leads into M12.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by dnajockey
You rang, Sir?

It was indeed the case at JER in the past ... from the Lounge through the ‘secret door’ to the Gate 3 holding room and on to the apron. Photo from 2012 ... it reminds me how nice it was before they rammed it solid with dull furniture!

But, alas, no more. The re-jig and expansion of the Lounge into the Gate 3 area killed that. Now BA flights ‘usually’ board at Gate 10, a few yards away down the terminal spine. There, once BP is scanned, pax are directed to one of the 2 separate waiting rooms (‘Us & Them’) to wait a few minutes before the walk across the apron. Occasionally Gate 2 is used, with similar arrangements but with less salubrious arrangements for ‘Us’

Gate 10 Priority holding room] ...

... And Gate 2, with Priority in that glazed corridor arrangement in the background.

dnajockey likes this.

Last edited by T8191; Jul 15, 2019 at 8:18 am Reason: Added photos
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum, VS Silver
Before the refurb of T7 at JFK I remember there was an old escalator closed off behind the curtains in the elemis Spa that looked like it might have been an exit direct to gates? It would have been before my time, but just curious if that was ever the case (ie direct exit from lounge to gate) in JFK 'back in the good old days'?
Genius1 and T8191 like this.

Last edited by Breadstick77; Jul 15, 2019 at 8:32 am Reason: Found a photo of the escalator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.