Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

From which airports can you board from the lounge on BA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

From which airports can you board from the lounge on BA?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by aiphillips
Is SFO just in First or is it Club World too?

Boarded from club when I was there last
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
BA used to have Imagination with direct boarding - such as the T4 Concorde room where someone would take your coat, and you could walk from the lounge directly on to Concorde. I think you were supposed to put your champagne down before getting on.
However, nowadays, if it costs money or requires staff, these sorts of facilities are very limited.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by Breadstick77
Before the refurb of T7 at JFK I remember there was an old escalator closed off behind the curtains in the elemis Spa that looked like it might have been an exit direct to gates? It would have been before my time, but just curious if that was ever the case (ie direct exit from lounge to gate) in JFK 'back in the good old days'?
The photographer's not "Keeping Close" to the door as instructed by the sign. Very poor form!

I was in the ORD Flounge a couple of months ago (747 flight) and we had to leave the lounge to get to the gate - a bit surprised to read that it has direct boarding as it's pretty tiny!
Old Jul 16, 2019, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by ratypus
San Francisco boards from the lounge only for the 747 flight - not the A380 flight (and I don't think this has changed as part of the lounge's recent internal re-furb).
At SFO, just to be precise, the 747 and 777 flights can (we believe) still be boarded from the lounge (post refurb) and A380 flights cannot.

rb211.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:14 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by armouredant
Wouldn't a ramp from T5 GF direct to a few of a A gates be nice; even if only the domestic ones.
I relish the suggestion put previously in this forum for a fireman's pole from Galleries North down to the Domestic gates.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jul 17, 2019 at 1:22 am
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I relish the suggestion put elsewhere in this forum for suggesting a fireman's pole from Galleries North down to the Domestic gates.
Or a zipline? I’d say it would work from GF to A19-23.

Health and Safety will probably require a breathalyser first
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by MarkFlies

what about a ZIPline from GF or CCR to the C-gates for Miami please? .-)
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
When tbe GLA lounge was under BMI you could board their flught direct from the lounge. BA picked up their lounge but have never used their gates AFAIK.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
When tbe GLA lounge was under BMI you could board their flught direct from the lounge. BA picked up their lounge but have never used their gates AFAIK.
7 years ago I recall accessing the boarding line directly from the BA lounge at GLA.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Originally Posted by hbtr

7 years ago I recall accessing the boarding line directly from the BA lounge at GLA.
That was for flights from gate 19 IIRC
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:12 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by hbtr

Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY
That was for flights from gate 19 IIRC
Yes, it used to from the old BA lounge next to gate 19. The door from the current lounge leads into the corridor which is now used a lot more for charter flights from the west side of the pier.

S
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Not from the lounge but I like the boarding from the First lounge in Barbados. A minibus to the steps of the aircraft.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: SK EBS / BA Silver / BMI Gold / KLM Silver
Originally Posted by MarkFlies

A helter-skelter would be tremendous fun. Zip line over to B gates
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:13 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I relish the suggestion put previously in this forum for a fireman's pole from Galleries North down to the Domestic gates.
With a suspended railway from GF/CCR to GN
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Breadstick77
Before the refurb of T7 at JFK I remember there was an old escalator closed off behind the curtains in the elemis Spa that looked like it might have been an exit direct to gates? It would have been before my time, but just curious if that was ever the case (ie direct exit from lounge to gate) in JFK 'back in the good old days'?
IIRC JFK had direct lounge access to Concorde. Perhaps when they were building T7 (opened in 2003) they were planning the same for Concorde which then stopped in 2003. Hence it sitting there defunct until the refurb.
Maybe I'm just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5...I'm prone to that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.