Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight delay BA0268 LAX to LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
The BA App advises pax booked on the BA268 to check-in and be at the airport as if the flight was on-time.

Doc Copper
unspoilt_princess and Nephoi like this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:34 pm

Anyone know the reason for the delay? Feel bad for all the pax on BA269 who now will suffer of horrible jet lag. Flight departed at 2130LT and will arrive around 0800 London time, so basically a westbound redeye flight. Most pax will probably sleep with such a late departure out of LHR, and arrive LAX "well rested" at midnight local time.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Did wonder why an A380 flew over my house at 2130 heading west - that answers that !
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN
Did wonder why an A380 flew over my house at 2130 heading west - that answers that !
Thank God we still have these reliable tracking systems...

Two people in the thread saw the OP's delayed flight with their own eyes flying over their house, and confirmed the delay, what are the chances of that, lol...
YacozA, wrp96, nancypants and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84
Other comments about ‘not knowing how to cope with a 9pm checkout’ etc are frankly a bit ridiculous. You’ll go to the airport and wait, like hundreds of others on the flight. It won’t be that pleasant, but you’re at LAX TBIT, not in a tent somewhere malarial.
And having a go at the OP is uncalled for. You don't know them, why this might be difficult for them, or appreciate that some people might not simply have the option of pulling out a corporate credit card to make the problem go away.

BA could actually try to help their passengers, but they just don't care. Give the OP a break.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
The BA App advises pax booked on the BA268 to check-in and be at the airport as if the flight was on-time.

Doc Copper

Thanks, Doc. I think I will plan to be there for 8 since bag drop closes 75 minutes before departure.

If they know now they have no A380 for us at least until midnight, it would be kind to let us come later.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DoctorCopper

Doc Copper
Originally Posted by cauchy
And having a go at the OP is uncalled for. You don't know them, why this might be difficult for them, or appreciate that some people might not simply have the option of pulling out a corporate credit card to make the problem go away.

BA could actually try to help their passengers, but they just don't care. Give the OP a break.
Thanks for this. I work for a charity so no corporate card for me. People assume because I’m a frequent flyer I must live the high life of swanky hotels and business class flights. It couldn’t be further from the truth.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:22 pm

Also, is there any sense in going to the airport and begging for a re-route on the 19:45 AA service?

Originally Posted by Expertflyer
BA (AA) 1509 0 LAX
07/14/19 7:45 PM LHR
07/15/19 2:25 PM 77W
Daily
68% / 60m F1 A0 J7 C7 D7 R7 I7 W7 E7 T0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 N0 S0 O0 Q0 G0
Even if you have to pay a fare difference / change fee (which would be an outrageous request, but might not be that expensive, especially if you're already in E class) it might be recoverable against travel insurance?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by B747forever
Anyone know the reason for the delay? Feel bad for all the pax on BA269 who now will suffer of horrible jet lag. Flight departed at 2130LT and will arrive around 0800 London time, so basically a westbound redeye flight. Most pax will probably sleep with such a late departure out of LHR, and arrive LAX "well rested" at midnight local time.
Yes that really could not be any worse timed. Pax should try and stay awake as much as possible but that's much easier said than done on an 11 hour flight.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by nk15
Thank God we still have these reliable tracking systems...

Two people in the thread saw the OP's delayed flight with their own eyes flying over their house, and confirmed the delay, what are the chances of that, lol...
Just an observation - I must apologise !
Old Jul 14, 2019, 6:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Sorry to hear of your delay unspoilt_princess. It's certainly not nice to be delayed as long as that.

Unfortunately the BA268 is unaffectionationely known by some regulars as the BA 26late!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
Sorry to hear of your delay unspoilt_princess. It's certainly not nice to be delayed as long as that.

Unfortunately the BA268isunaffectionationely known by some regulars as the BA 26late!
oh dear, am on that flight tomorrow, hope no repeat of today’s delay. Hanging around until 2 in the morning sounds horrible. Hope you are not too uncomfortable unspoilt_princess.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PETER01

Unfortunately the BA268 is unaffectionationely known by some regulars as the BA 26late!
Haha oh boy, I should have done my homework before booking this leg. Live & learn!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Upupintheair

oh dear, am on that flight tomorrow, hope no repeat of today’s delay. Hanging around until 2 in the morning sounds horrible. Hope you are not too uncomfortable unspoilt_princess.
I hope you have much better luck than me! Surely it can’t be this delayed two days in a row.....right?
Upupintheair likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ys-flight-los/

Reports coming out in the UK press seem to indicate the reason for the delayed departure

Currently showing an ETA 23:57hrs

Last edited by Telecasterman; Jul 14, 2019 at 7:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.