Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
SFO British Airways Lounge

There are a few photos of the refurbished lounge on the oneworld website’s lounge directory.

The lounge follows the same design seen at FCO, ABZ and JFK.

There appears to be a First dining area (the red seats with the fully laid tables), but it’s not clear whether this is just dining or a full First lounge area. I suspect the dining area (regardless of whether it’s in a First lounge or not) is for F pax only (no Golds). This will be the first time BA have offered proper ground dining at one of their outstation lounges outside the East Coast.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
There are a few photos of the refurbished lounge on the oneworld website’s lounge directory.

The lounge follows the same design seen at FCO, ABZ and JFK.

There appears to be a First dining area (the red seats with the fully laid tables), but it’s not clear whether this is just dining or a full First lounge area. I suspect the dining area (regardless of whether it’s in a First lounge or not) is for F pax only (no Golds). This will be the first time BA have offered proper ground dining at one of their outstation lounges outside the East Coast.
Thanks! It is going to be interesting to see it IRL. From the pics there general seating looks possibly a little less dense than before, but hard to tell because one cannot see all of it and there may well be different space utilization.

rb211.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: AS — views are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer
Originally Posted by RB211
Hopefully someone can report from the SFO lounge later today!

rb211.
A few photos from Chris McGinnis (he'll likely have more and/or a blog post up later today or tomorrow):
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:59 pm

The seating doesn't look particularly comfortable.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:49 pm

https://m.sfgate.com/travel/article/British-Airways-lounge-SFO-PHOTOS-14082952.php

There's a review and photos here
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
And those traveling in First can experience our exclusive Boutique Dining room with fine wines and menus inspired by some of the world’s top chefs.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:20 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Would this be the first time that an airport lounge has reopened close to the original estimated time frame?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks to @Artwill1 on Instagram, this seems to be the menu from the lounge's First Dining. Seems a little underwhelming honestly.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Platinum
Hmmm, other than being a renovation, I’m quite underwhelmed by this. I’ve never used the main lounge, only the First shoebox, so I don’t know how it’ll compare but from what I remember the lounges were always crowded and especially in the First, extremely hot.
i assume I can still use the CX lounge once the BA one reopens ?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sxc
Would this be the first time that an airport lounge has reopened close to the original estimated time frame?
Yes, the track record isn't great (Cathay T3, LGW, ABZ, GVA, JFK...). It is uniquely challenging doing building work airside, every tool has to go through security with special permits, and working hours are frequently just 4 hours after midnight.

EDI was on time, as far as I recall. But yes the benefits of a refurbished lounge has to be balanced against months of even poorer facilities.

That said SFO seems not too bad,in its new incarnation, it's not as good as the EDI /LGW / BOS design but the variety of seating and good power facilties looks good from the photos.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold)
Looking forward to checking this out - will definitely beat recent trips where you have to be crammed into the China Dynasty lounge...
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC
BA Instagram announcement/photos - 10th July

BA have posted on their Instagram account a teaser or really just the announcement that the new refurbed Lounge is open. See below.

Unfortunately there’s only one photo that really reveals anything, 4 other photos are set ups of action shots involving people, which is a bit of waste as I’m sure people would rather see lounge set up & furniture, layout etc. Not some chef plating a bit of food which could be anywhere on the planet! So I’ll just attach the one photo.

Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
There is a virtual tour here: https://britishairways.theatro360.com/tour/KO-KL7U

It includes the First class dining area and all looks very nice.

There is a press release here including a sample First dining menu.

British Airways - LOUNGING IN SAN FRANCISCO

Sample First First Boutique Dining Room menu:

Selection from the Charcuterie Board
  • Busseto Prosciutto, Chorizo El Ray, Olli Salumeria Salame,
  • Columbus Coppa
  • Mitica Drunken Goat, Esperanza Manchego, Don Juan Mahon
  • Served with Marcona Almonds, Marinated Olives, Cornichons, Sourdough Toast and Fallot Grain Mustar
​Soup
  • Garden Vegetable, Lemon Orzo Chicken
Entrees
  • Seafood Cioppino with Shrimp, Scallops, Sea Bass, Haricot Vert and Rouille
  • Rigatoni with Heirloom Cherry Tomato Sauce, Ricotta and Parmesan
  • Add Grilled Chicken, Shrimp or Scallops
Mezze Plate
  • Mini Vine Roasted Peppers, Grilled Local Shiitake Mushrooms, Marinated Heirloom Tomatoes, Hummus Warm Pita
Dessert
  • Blackberry Granola Yogurt Parfait
Cheese
  • Laura Chenel, Goat Cheese, Sonoma County CA,
  • Bellwether Farms Point Reyes Blue Cheese, San Andreas, CA
  • Fresh Pita Crisps, Fig Spread
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:13 pm

The virtual tour posted above by lcylocal is very helpful, you get a much richer feel to the lounge.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Showers have gone, I think?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.