Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: Up in the air...
Has the refurb removed the direct-boarding from the lounge or is this still in use (for the 747 flight -I understand this was never the case for the A380)?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by GeeMac
Spent 4hrs in there on Thursday - it isn't!
The seats nearest the windows in the section beside the First Dining are better than the rest IMO. The blue seats with the IKEA lamps were truly awful.
The lounge got very busy with almost full F & J cabins, plus any additional cardholders
I am left with the sense that this may be a missed opportunity for BA. An A380 airport and an important route - but uncomfortable seats and nowhere to sit. Like the disappointing JFK refurbs, couldn't it have been so much better? I must admit, I was hoping to be wowed.
A P Yu and GeeMac like this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by FT-Diplomat
Has the refurb removed the direct-boarding from the lounge or is this still in use (for the 747 flight -I understand this was never the case for the A380)?
From the pictures (my next SFO encounter is early next month) it looks like they have preserved direct boarding capability to gate A4 and possibly to A6 that are usually used to load 744 and 772 aircraft. The A380 has to use an A380 accessible/enabled gate (A9 or A3 IIRC) so direct boarding is not available for those flights.

rb211.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
I think there was a desk where the entry to the First Dining is. I wasn't sure if this was for the greeter for the dining, or possibly a desk for BP checking at the exit door to the gate. My impression was the latter, although seeing as I was on the A380, I didn't pay too much attention.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by GeeMac
I think there was a desk where the entry to the First Dining is. I wasn't sure if this was for the greeter for the dining, or possibly a desk for BP checking at the exit door to the gate. My impression was the latter, although seeing as I was on the A380, I didn't pay too much attention.
I believe it is the latter. The setup is the same as the door at the other end (to A4) although that had the label "Jetway" in the 360 tour and the door by First Dining (to A6) does not. However, everything makes me believe they still have the ability to board directly from the lounge to the jetways of both A4 and A6. Only useful for 744s and 772s, of course.

rb211.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:51 am

Anyone else have any practical experiences of the refurbished lounge they would like to share? I'll be there week after next.

rb211.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: MVPGold 75K
access when flying business on Finnair

Just to double check , Finnair business class passengers can access this lounge? Finnair website still has AirFrance as top choice, but I would prefer to try BA remodeled.
Any comments?
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH *S
Originally Posted by FT-Diplomat
Yes direct boarding to the 747 at Gate A4 still in place (at least it was last Saturday!)
FT-Diplomat likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by felicidad76
Just to double check , Finnair business class passengers can access this lounge? Finnair website still has AirFrance as top choice, but I would prefer to try BA remodeled.
Any comments?
According to OneWorld rules, yes. However, the usual caveats apply (capacity restrictions, etc.)

rb211.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Nice lounge, nice bathrooms (why they can't have something like that at LHR?), seating was comfortable and there were plenty of power ports. However I would have expected a bit more options regarding the food.
It got very crowded in the end, but the direct boarding was priceless, especially for someone like me that is always afraid to show late at the gate...
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: BA GfL
I should get to try it out in the next few months. When I fly from SFO I usually spend a lot of time in the lounge before the flight.

It looks like there is more space as they seem to have moved the front desk upstairs and now have seating in what would have been the hallway next to the First area before.

They also appear to have lost the little business area at the back and replaced it with seating. TBF I have not been in the main lounge area in some time though.

So net I would have thought that there are more seats. It is a bit reliant on First class passengers sitting in the dining area though and I would probably prefer to sit where there is a window.

The buffet looks like a big improvement, the food selection has always been poor at SFO.

I am not sure about First dining, often my experience has been that there is more and a better choice on the aircraft, although I did enjoy the food in Boston recently. It seems that the benefit is more extra time to sleep than better food. Flying from the west coast there is usually time to eat then sleep. If it is First only, why are there 22 seats?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:49 am
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I am left with the sense that this may be a missed opportunity for BA. An A380 airport and an important route - but uncomfortable seats and nowhere to sit. Like the disappointing JFK refurbs, couldn't it have been so much better? I must admit, I was hoping to be wowed.
under Cruz, wowing is not in BA’s DNA — cost cutting is
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by MrALIG
It looks like there is more space as they seem to have moved the front desk upstairs and now have seating in what would have been the hallway next to the First area before.
I was in this lounge for the first time last week. Very, very crowded to the point of standing room only as the departure time for the 747 approached. Certainly not enough room when both aircraft are departing so close to each other.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Nothing here tempts me to have more than a quick pre-board snifter and minimize my time in there.

Still a Gotts burger for me.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:41 am

I visited the refurbished lounge a couple of days ago and it is definitely improved. Although I didn't eat much I spent most of my time in the first dining area nibbling and drinking coffee. Was in there for quite a while as the 286 was delayed for almost a couple of hours and when I popped my head out into the main area it was very full. I was the last to board with no queuing in my prefect attempt to miss the A5 scrum!

rb211.
GeeMac likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.