Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA.com - comfortably the most frustrating website in the world!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA.com - comfortably the most frustrating website in the world!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Samolyot
Has a human being ever managed to plan an around the world itinerary on Oneworld?

I didn’t think so.
Plan yes, it's not a great experience but as long as you don't include some of the known bad sectors that the OW site doesn't understand you'll be fine and can plan and price the itinerary (against the availability and all that).

It's the booking part that always fails
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:01 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
I actually think BA’s website is one of the better parts of the airline !
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:05 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by JamieT
I’m trying to pay to book seats for a flight in October at the moment and keep getting an error message - I can select seats, enter my card details, it’s verified and then I get a message saying there’s been an error. Pointless.
I had that for an upgrade through the App, but for once the website played ball...
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:30 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
I hate it when I get groundhog experience. select date etc and it keeps going round in circles to the home page
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:02 am

My favourite quirk is the different calendars where weeks start on different days depending on the section of the web site. Genius stuff...

Last edited by MNMAA; Jul 15, 2019 at 6:48 pm
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver,
I've always had good fun on the JAL website especially when trying to book open jaw routes or just one way domestics. BA by comparison is a breeze
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
BA website is rubbish and has for a while. I don't expect it to improve anytime soon.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by JamieT
I’m trying to pay to book seats for a flight in October at the moment and keep getting an error message - I can select seats, enter my card details, it’s verified and then I get a message saying there’s been an error. Pointless.
I had exactly the same issue and found it to be that the website was quoting (all the way through the process) a fare class which wasn't for sale (I).
Spoke to someone on the phone who confirmed that it's wrong, but it's been like that for weeks!

And can echo the 'fun' of buying flights on JL's website - it's quite a bizarre experience but in a way feels very Japanese.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.