FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   On board Gold 'benefits' (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1977939-board-gold-benefits.html)

stuvoi Jul 13, 2019 10:45 am

On board Gold 'benefits'

I was travelling back from Bermuda a couple of weeks ago in WT+ and was brought some champagne by the Flight Crew (along with the GGL member next to me) after take off.

I noted that the during the flight the GGL member was given drinks from club/first as well as brought things from the club galley (fudge/buttons)

Wanted to know, what the 'rules' are, for this sort of request, or does it depend on the crew? (as have a few WT+ flights coming up, so want to know how cheeky I can be)

rapidex Jul 13, 2019 11:02 am

Originally Posted by stuvoi (Post 31299648)
I was travelling back from Bermuda a couple of weeks ago in WT+ and was brought some champagne by the Flight Crew (along with the GGL member next to me) after take off.

I noted that the during the flight the GGL member was given drinks from club/first as well as brought things from the club galley (fudge/buttons)

Wanted to know, what the 'rules' are, for this sort of request, or does it depend on the crew? (as have a few WT+ flights coming up, so want to know how cheeky I can be)

You are entitled to nothing as per the rules. If you get a good crew they may offer something.

rossmacd Jul 13, 2019 11:08 am

There are no such rules. You are entitled to the service of your booked (or op-up!) cabin. Anything else should be treated as a bonus.

UKtravelbear Jul 13, 2019 11:22 am

glass of champers is pretty standard but that's still not guaranteed. seems to be down to the CSD and the crew.

I wouldn't ask for anything more unless the CC delivering says something like 'if there is anything I can do to make the flight more comfortable ...' and even it's going to be a pretty limited offering so like your seat mate something from the club kitchen.

Lioneye Jul 13, 2019 11:36 am

Originally Posted by stuvoi (Post 31299648)
I...., so want to know how cheeky I can be)

Ask the bloke at the front of the plane if you can have a go at flying it...

onobond Jul 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Lioneye (Post 31299768)

Not after the champers... :eek:

ABZGirl Jul 13, 2019 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Lioneye (Post 31299768)

...or the woman...:)^

T8191 Jul 13, 2019 12:22 pm

Frankly, and cynically, there is no special treatment for gold in club world :cool:

OldFruity Jul 13, 2019 1:23 pm

Unless you fly with QR.
Recent trip Mel Doh Lhr in Y I was suitably impressed / embarassed as I was offered a drink before the meal service on both legs, my order taken ahead of everyne else and basically fussed over and treated like a long lost friend (well that bit was true I was lost down the back!). Conversely although it was a BA ticket, Lhr Sin, no recognition from BA at all, but on the second leg outbound Sin Mel with QF, I was individually welcomed, my status was acknowledged and a Fast Track pass issued even though on arrival at 0530 am Mel dont have a FT line open!

OF

T8191 Jul 13, 2019 1:33 pm

Our first QR (LGW-DOH-CPT) is later this year, in J. We are interested to experience that.

volar Jul 13, 2019 1:41 pm

It’s quite noticeable that other Oneworld airlines - QR, CX and AY in particular, consistently treat BA gold card holders much better than BA themselves do.

Jed Jul 13, 2019 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by volar (Post 31300070)
It’s quite noticeable that other Oneworld airlines - QR, CX and AY in particular, consistently treat BA gold card holders much better than BA themselves do.

Agree, esp AY. I actually prefer AY Y over BA J from LHR-HEL as I eat and drink well in the LHR T3 lounges and then enjoy a complimentary mini bottle of champagne during the flight (AY benefit for OWE). I would be too full to eat again in any case, so AY is better for my wallet and my health whilst being perfectly pleasant in Y

xenole Jul 13, 2019 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by rossmacd (Post 31299704)
There are no such rules. You are entitled to the service of your booked (or op-up!) cabin. Anything else should be treated as a bonus.

Unfortunately, this isn't always the case service delivery etc wise..... ;)

As for partner airlines, can't say I've had anything from AA, AY, CX,QF etc. Couple of times in the right place at the right time.
BA 2 or 3 times.
Fly mixed classes with them and any benefits beyond what is offered cabin of travel wise are gold related anyway.

CKBA Jul 13, 2019 2:54 pm

AA internal flights you get free 'premium beverage' and free food.

Nothing on BA.

Fruitcake Jul 13, 2019 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 31299880)
Frankly, and cynically, there is no special treatment for gold in club world :cool:

True in my experience, and no complaints! I have had gold extra benefits in WT+ and EuroTraveller recently, which was kind and much appreciated.

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 31299880)
Our first QR (LGW-DOH-CPT) is later this year, in J. We are interested to experience that.

You'll enjoy that, I'm sure. They're very good (as is a stopover in Doha). ^