Flight history

Old Jul 13, 19, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Flight history

I have a spreadsheet of flights dating back over the last 7 years or so and would like to work out what aircraft type (and ideally registration) operated.

The main flight tracking websites donít seem to offer this info even for a fee.

Does it exist anywhere or is it now lost?
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 13, 19, 5:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Have you tried thebasource.com? I'm not sure how far back their data goes but worth a look.
Old Jul 13, 19, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by drakepassage View Post
I have a spreadsheet of flights dating back over the last 7 years or so and would like to work out what aircraft type (and ideally registration) operated.

Hi,
I'm not sure where you are located but if it is LHR and LGW flights you are wanting information on try this website

London Heathrow & Gatwick Airports

They have links to the last three months available and an extensive daily archive section going back to the 1990's on the archive page
Hope this is of some use.
Old Jul 13, 19, 7:21 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BAEC Gold

What airports mainly. And what airlines. BA/VS/EK/QR/EI are easy normally. Domestic USA are easy. LHR/LGW arrivals/departures easy.

Also anything in last 365 days I can do easily. How many flight we talking? Either post a list and we can help or PM the list?
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 13, 19, 7:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Flightstats.com has a paid subscription (25usd/month) that comes with 250 historic flight searches. I haven't tried it myself yet, but am thinking about it for something similar to the OP.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 13, 19, 8:02 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by george77300 View Post
Domestic USA are easy.
Any recommendations where I can obtain historic domestic AA info dating back to 2012? I've got a couple of reg gaps on my spreadsheet.

I've found THIS SITE covers pretty much every movement at Heathrow and Gatwick since around 2005 and has pretty good archive information dating back even further into the 70s/80s although on a much sketchier basis.
Old Jul 13, 19, 9:25 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft View Post
Any recommendations where I can obtain historic domestic AA info dating back to 2012? I've got a couple of reg gaps on my spreadsheet.
The USA has the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, and boy do they keep a lot of data. They sound like a really fun bunch to work for!

For looking up registrations like this, the best way is to go to this page:

https://www.transtats.bts.gov/ONTIME/Departures.aspx

Tick "All Statistics" at the top, choose the departure airport and airline from the drop downs, then choose your day month and year from the check boxes.
This will provide a list of all of that airlines departures from that airport for that day, including flight number, destination and aircraft registration. There are other pages for more specific searches, but I find this way provides the best results as sometimes the other ways don't show results that do come up if you look at the full list.
george77300 and 1Aturnleft like this.
Old Jul 13, 19, 10:39 am

Programs: AA, CX, AS, DL / Hilton, SPG
This site goes back 3 years, for example:

https://www.flightera.net/flight/Ame...month=Jan-2018
Sonny84 and fartoomanyusers like this.
Old Jul 14, 19, 12:55 am

Sometimes I use https://www.flightradar24.com/
You can try for free the trial version for 7 days. Not sure how many time behind you can go but may worth it for free.
Old Jul 16, 19, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LCY8737 View Post
Flightstats.com has a paid subscription (25usd/month) that comes with 250 historic flight searches. I haven't tried it myself yet, but am thinking about it for something similar to the OP.
I don't mind paying of course, but I don't believe the subscription goes back. I've tried emailing them about subscription features/pricing but they never reply to emails.
Old Jul 16, 19, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador
I keep track of mine on https://my.flightradar24.com but I'm not sure how far back the aircraft type and registration are pre-populated when you add a historic flight.
Old Jul 16, 19, 8:34 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Crofton138 View Post
I keep track of mine on https://my.flightradar24.com but I'm not sure how far back the aircraft type and registration are pre-populated when you add a historic flight.
I use the same but it's not always accurate, especially with aircraft type.

Fortunately when filling it out in the near future, it's easy to make manual adjustments. But I don't know how good the historical data would be.
Old Jul 16, 19, 10:09 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.

Would like to see the template of your spreadsheet for this..Sounds very interesting..
Old Jul 16, 19, 10:21 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Flyiboy View Post
Would like to see the template of your spreadsheet for this..Sounds very interesting..
Have a look at my.flightradar24.com, OpenFlights or BA97.com. All great ways of recording past flights.

george77300 and Flyiboy like this.
Old Aug 19, 19, 1:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Originally Posted by G-BUSI View Post
Hi,
I'm not sure where you are located but if it is LHR and LGW flights you are wanting information on try this website

London Heathrow & Gatwick Airports

They have links to the last three months available and an extensive daily archive section going back to the 1990's on the archive page
Hope this is of some use.
Looked at this in more detail, and the archive section is pretty cool. Do you know if something similar is available for LCY?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: