Concorde Room Card

Old Jul 12, 19, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Concorde Room Card

My usual flying pattern puts me in the 3-4k tier point range a year, so for the last few years I have renewed GGL on the 3k rule.

I am now having a year with more flights than usual and I will end the year at ~4.6k tier points. This got me wondering if there is any point in making a little bit of an effort to get those 400 missing tier points to make it to a CCR card.

Are the benefits strictly limited to CCR access, or is there anything else I am missing as a non-CCR GGL?
Old Jul 12, 19, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by LCY8737 View Post
My usual flying pattern puts me in the 3-4k tier point range a year, so for the last few years I have renewed GGL on the 3k rule.

I am now having a year with more flights than usual and I will end the year at ~4.6k tier points. This got me wondering if there is any point in making a little bit of an effort to get those 400 missing tier points to make it to a CCR card.

Are the benefits strictly limited to CCR access, or is there anything else I am missing as a non-CCR GGL?
It's just the CCR card valid for the two CCRs at LHR T5 and JFK and the Concorde dining room in the arrivals lounge at LHR T5.
LCY8737 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 19, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Blue, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LCY8737 View Post
There is a very useful Gold Guest List beginner's guide that covers CCR too - there are more GUFs as you get the TPs, but having reached the heady heights this year of CCR, I'm prepared to drop to GGL next year - 2K extra TPs is a big step for me....

However, if I was that close then I'd go for it for the novelty factor, particularly if I was flying from LHR a lot...
LCY8737 and orbitmic like this.
Old Jul 12, 19, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
3500 remains the sweet spot I would say, GGL + 1GUF2 + 2GUF1.
Old Jul 12, 19, 4:18 pm

Is it worth it just to push for a CCR card? No, not really, since the CCR is not that great a lounge in the global sense (but of course quite a step up from the school canteen that is GF). Especially since I do not actually fly BA metal that often, with preference for other carriers, I do not visit that often.

The real benefits are the thresholds for 7k, 8k, 9k etc for extra GUFs or the 50k avios (I do not value the joker personally, since I do not struggle for reward space, nor can they be used for OW metal).

However, if you are flying a lot of BA metal from LHR, the CCR is a decent enough place to be. Some of the nice benefits are the free changes to ET RFS tickets on nearly every occassion I ask for, and the contact with the HVC team, but I guess that is more to go with GGL rather than CCR.
LCY8737 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 19, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
In do wonder if some of the Concorde Team and Concierge Key special treatments tend to be directed in priority towards CCR holders above mere GGLs. Anecdotally, I have had more ďmeet and greetĒ and car ride style attention in the years Iíve had the white card than in the years Iíve failed to make the 5000. But that may just be coincidence. Iím not sure AA systems can even differentiate. Thinking about it, I am not sure BA ones can either, and Iím fairly sure both sub tiers carry a default CIV of 97.
LCY8737 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 19, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Simple equation really: 1. Do you have the time for a 400TP run? 2. How much will it cost you? 3. Is value #2 worthwhile for some LPGS and better food over the course of 13 months (noting a number of lucrative EU departures now seem to be from T3).

I attained CCR at the beginning of the year but it'll be my only time, I suspect. I did it with a goal in mind: cash in Avios, GUF, 241 and jokers to get First to Oz, to where I've not been before. That achieved - actually I landed beyond at 7000TP, oops - I'm basically cashed out on the Avios front now, having spent a million of them on three huge trips for two passengers in F, two upgrades for my brother on his honeymoon, and a friend back from his stag do to the USA. All that in itself means less earning travel for me, TP wise, so I'll remember it fondly rather than need it as a daily requirement.
​​
LCY8737 likes this.

Last edited by mmxbreaks; Jul 13, 19 at 10:52 am
Old Jul 12, 19, 5:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Virgin Gold
I have a CCR room card and a) love using the CCRs and b) seem to get a lot more spoiled than i used to - upgrades, special treatment etc. I get upgraded more than i donít since getting GGL with CCR (thanks BA!).

On CCRs, worth noting that whilst strictly i believe itís for LHR and JFK CCR rooms only, iíve been allowed to use 1st class dining at Boston (and i hope now SFO) using the status.

Maybe i get particular value out of CCR because i am usually in transit through LHR (i live in the provinces so hook through LHR in way out and home) so always get to use the lounge properly - eat a meal, sometimes use a cabana etc.

Being spoiled / special treatment may of course be down as much to my overall spend with BA than it is specifically to do with CCR, but itís impossible to know for sure as in my case one leads to the other.
LCY8737 and Padmeister like this.
Old Jul 13, 19, 12:29 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Plat/HY-Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/Gold for Life
Originally Posted by TLMTOED View Post
, iíve been allowed to use 1st class dining at Boston (and i hope now SFO) using the status.

Wow, that is unusual.
Old Jul 13, 19, 12:39 am

Programs: Mucci Silver, BA GFL / GGL, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
I have had CCR for 2 years out of the last 8 and have been ďmereĒ GGL for the other 6. Other than the lounge access at JFK and LHR Iíve noticed no discernible difference - CIV has remained at 97 throughout.
IFE Wizard, orbitmic and LCY8737 like this.
Old Jul 13, 19, 1:13 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Do CCR card holders get access to CCBs in SIN/DXB when not flying F? Not that these bars are anything special, but the DXB one has its uses, given the regular overcrowding in that lounge when flights are operated by 388 or 86J 744.

Think you also get the F dining in LHR T3 Flounge, though any self-respecting FTer will probably be in the CX F lounge anyway
LCY8737 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 19, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Oaxaca View Post
Do CCR card holders get access to CCBs in SIN/DXB when not flying F?
No access. The ccr card only applies for the LHR and JFK CCR and the Concorde breakfast room in the T5 arrivals lounge. There is now a note on the reverse of the card that makes this very clear, so access to the other CCBs or Concorde dining elsewhere is not a benefit of the card.
Markie and Oaxaca like this.
Old Jul 13, 19, 1:16 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Do CCR card holders get access to CCBs in SIN/DXB when not flying F? Not that these bars are anything special, but the DXB one has its uses, given the regular overcrowding in that lounge when flights are operated by 388 or 86J 744.

Think you also get the F dining in LHR T3 Flounge, though any self-respecting FTer will probably be in the CX F lounge anyway
Officially, no. The CCR card allows access to the Concorde Rooms in JFK and LHR, including the breakfast room in arrivals, only.
Old Jul 13, 19, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

no to the first question, see thread reference above. Theoretically yes for T3 F dining but the only time I asked for it a few months ago on my way to CPT was told it was just the normal menu.

As mentioned elsewhere having been ccr for many years I share none of the Ďsuspicions of additional serviceí of others, still never had a long haul upgrade nor a t5-t3 private transfer. I know many others whoíve had either or both, sometimes frequently, and are not ccr so still suspect itís some entirely unrelated ingredients. As for better service from aa Iím certain their systems do not see different info for ggl and ggl+ccr.
LCY8737, Markie and Oaxaca like this.
Old Jul 13, 19, 2:11 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post

no to the first question, see thread reference above. Theoretically yes for T3 F dining but the only time I asked for it a few months ago on my way to CPT was told it was just the normal menu.

As mentioned elsewhere having been ccr for many years I share none of the Ďsuspicions of additional serviceí of others, still never had a long haul upgrade nor a t5-t3 private transfer. I know many others whoíve had either or both, sometimes frequently, and are not ccr so still suspect itís some entirely unrelated ingredients. As for better service from aa Iím certain their systems do not see different info for ggl and ggl+ccr.
You must be the worldís unluckiest GGL when it comes to op-ups, I would gift you one of mine if that were possible

Search this Thread