Concorde Room Card

Old Jul 13, 19, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Oaxaca View Post
You must be the world’s unluckiest GGL when it comes to op-ups, I would gift you one of mine if that were possible
Ahah, thanks! That said, I do know a few others who are even unluckier than me and never get either short or long haul upgrades. Although in fairness, I think that there are a few GGL/CCR people who fly very little BA whilst in my case, BA s a clear majority of my Oneworld flying so that probably makes it unluckier in comparison!
Old Jul 13, 19, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Silver but hotels.com Gold :)
When I had CCR card I valued the JFK access (big step up over F-lounge there) plus I was doing a lot of Euro Traveller late afternoon/evenings; so got to choose between T5 CCR and GF which was great for variety and easy enough to flit from one to another if either was overfull on a particular evening.
I did notice the service quality in the CCR as I became a 'regular' and that is a fairly decent intangible.
YMMV
Old Jul 13, 19, 2:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
Although in fairness, I think that there are a few GGL/CCR people who fly very little BA whilst in my case, BA s a clear majority of my Oneworld flying so that probably makes it unluckier in comparison!
Haha, and some of them fly a lot with BA but rarely fly anything other than the highest cabin, leaving BA with zero opportunity to upgrade them, yet have the audacity to moan they don't get an upgrade (most likely in jest!)

I can't vouch for any difference between GGL and GGL+CCR as I haven't been a non-CCR GGL except in the first year for a few months when I qualified as a GGL under the old scheme but still accumulating the TPs towards CCR.
Old Jul 13, 19, 2:39 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
The amount of love you get from BA is absolutely related to spend I'm sure, rather than your actual status. I've had a CCR card for years now and never seen any interest from BA as I'm very low value. I've had one upgrade LHR-AMS and one downgrade BRU-LHR so I'm all square on that front, have never been met anywhere or given any special transfer (including a 70 minute T5 to T3 in F when it would have actually been helpful). The one time I really needed the Concorde Team at LHR to do something for me (again as a GGL+CCR travelling in F), they flat out refused to talk to me and told the agent at my desk to tell me they are only available for select customers not on request.

So to the OP, don't aim for the CCR card because you will get extra service out of it, you won't, you just get access to two lounges and nothing else, BA will love you the same amount either way depending on your spend.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 13, 19, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Jumeirah Sirius Gold, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Traveller, PUCCI Fan Club
Originally Posted by Oaxaca View Post
Do CCR card holders get access to CCBs in SIN/DXB when not flying F? Not that these bars are anything special, but the DXB one has its uses, given the regular overcrowding in that lounge when flights are operated by 388 or 86J 744.

Think you also get the F dining in LHR T3 Flounge, though any self-respecting FTer will probably be in the CX F lounge anyway

I have never been refused CCR access at DXB when travelling CW and showing the Concorde card, and I’d say I’ve done this at least half a dozen times.
Old Jul 13, 19, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia View Post
Haha, and some of them fly a lot with BA but rarely fly anything other than the highest cabin, leaving BA with zero opportunity to upgrade them, yet have the audacity to moan they don't get an upgrade (most likely in jest!)
Yep, though I (and I think you) are among the few who still regularly take Y long hauls so opportunity there certainly would be in my case!
Old Jul 13, 19, 11:00 am

Programs: BA GGL
Yep, though I (and I think you) are among the few who still regularly take Y long hauls so opportunity there certainly would be in my case!
<waves>
I'm in that club too. Not the best, is it?
Thing is, I'll always always try to engineer getting myself from Y into WTP now because I know the chances of an opUp are increased, and if not then an empty cabin likely means blocked seat and more space for me, so win win. Not to mention the bump in TPs.
Except, of course, that such Y-to-WTP upgrades aren't less than £200ish e/w - any more and it's out of my budget really - so I seem to be spending any extra cash I have when I should be saving it for grander £1500 point runs to exciting locations. Seems BA has me locked in, it's kinda clever really.
oxtailsoup likes this.
Old Jul 13, 19, 12:10 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I'm one of those in the 'not many opportunities' camp, as I haven't taken Y long haul for years now (I actually can't, due to bad back - I'd need a wheelchair to get off if I did, as it's sometimes even borderline in F). The last one was a few years ago between SIN and TYO on JL.

However, my husband (who does fly long haul Y) seems to get an inordinate number of upgrades despite being a hand-me-down Gold off me, so it's possible that there might be some kind of a connection there.
Old Jul 13, 19, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Agree with those who say it's probably not worth 12 extra hours on a plane. I am currently based in one of the BAs remote outstations, so mostly transit through LHR. Out of around 20 times I went through T5 this year I only used CCR twice and only once for more than an hour. As anyone flying a lot I am minimizing my time at any airport, so CCR is only useful in case of an irrop; and even then, if my delay or layover is longer than 3 hours, I would rather leave the airport and see my friends and family. First wing is brilliant allowing to arrive 50-40 minutes before the flight departure and be at the gate before it closes.
Could be subjective, but I am not being treated differently by BA; oh, once a gate agent who remembered me, summoned me to the front of the queue at boarding (I usually arrive closer to the end of boarding and queue with whatever zone is boarding at that time).
LCY8737 likes this.

Last edited by luitje; Jul 13, 19 at 2:17 pm
Old Jul 13, 19, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Thank you all for responding. The majority consensus seems to be that CCR card is just that - access to the CCR, with only a remote chance of being seen as a higher value customer and hence a few extra soft perks. As 400 tier points would mean a weekend of flying somewhere without any other purpose, that seems a steep price. Especially given that I am not a fan of the LPGS.

Looks like I'll continue being a non-CCR GGL.
Markie likes this.
Old Jul 13, 19, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by LCY8737 View Post
Thank you all for responding. The majority consensus seems to be that CCR card is just that - access to the CCR, with only a remote chance of being seen as a higher value customer and hence a few extra soft perks. As 400 tier points would mean a weekend of flying somewhere without any other purpose, that seems a steep price. Especially given that I am not a fan of the LPGS.

Looks like I'll continue being a non-CCR GGL.
Its always easy to say I don't need... When you have it.
It is only those 2 lounges... But I would always go for those tps.. For me the ccr makes my journeys special. I always plan enough layover time for a good visit... And I enjoy seeing the now friendly and helpful staff there and their oh, welcome back it's good to see you again small talk..
For me this adds the special welcome home feeling that I am missing on board where ba lacks the personal atmosphere.
Old Jul 13, 19, 7:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), OZ Diamond (*G), HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium
I am in a similar situation with the OP with almost 4.7k TP booked for the current year with over 5 months left but won’t be booking any travel just so I could break the 5k barrier. Last year when I had the CCR card I think I used it twice as all other transits through LHR/JFK were GUFed to F anyhow and as stated it doesn’t work at SIN anymore. Regarding any soft perks I haven’t noticed any difference as they seem to be non-existent.

Search this Thread