Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading WT+ ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British airways
Upgrading WT+ ticket

I’m looking to book a WT+ ticket and use avoid to upgrade to business but on looking at the ticket conditions it says that ticket can’t be upgraded. Is this correct as I thought all purchased WT+ tickets could’ve upgraded if there is availability?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:43 pm

It depends on which booking class (W, E, T + dual inventory fare) the ticket was purchased under I believe. But you could also ask for a repriced ticket to CW which is more or less buying a new ticket.

Last edited by colinscanner; Jul 11, 2019 at 7:50 pm
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I think you will find that it means that the ticket can't be upgraded from T to W. I have never had a situation (whether a DIF fare or otherwise) where a WT+ ticket could not be upgraded using Avios (subject to their being Avios availability of course).
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:46 pm

I thought this was a case of no paid upgrades, similar to some I fares. They can be upgraded using avios but not cash. Might be wrong though
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Exceptions could apply for non public fares including some booked on some specific otas.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: British airways
As always appreciate all the responses. I think i know the situation buy will phone BA to confirm things before I book.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:08 am

Sadly I wouldn't recommend that you rely on the word of a BA agent. Not all of them are familiar with knowledge required for uncommon questions. If you buy online and then find you can't UuA you have 24 hours to cancel for a full refund. But as others have said, I don't believe you can buy a ticket in WT+ on ba.com that can't be upgraded.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Where are you looking to buy the WTP ticket?

that particular text in many fare rules has been around for years and doesn’t relate to UuA New Rule ? No changes permitted. No upgrades permitted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.