FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   INV - LAS in October - impossible flight change (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1977511-inv-las-october-impossible-flight-change.html)

GBT Jul 10, 2019 6:20 am

INV - LAS in October - impossible flight change

INV-LAS TP run/holiday booked 28/10-15/11

Had an email from BA informing me flight from JFK-LAX has been cancelled and have been rebooked.
First problem is arrive from HEL on AY but AA 8985 into JFK 1540 and originally booked on AA306 1700 to LAX (realise now MCT may be the cause of cancellation) HOWEVER new flight is AA 341 departing JFK 1430 (so 70 mins before I arrive !!)
So next available flight after 1700 is 1829 arriving LAX 2156 which means an overnight in LAX which I was trying to avoid.
Struggling to see alternatives as obviously want to keep my 880TP
Phoned BA and was told to wait until closer departure as schedules will no doubt change again - at this point I hadn’t realised the MCT was likely the issue and neither of us could work out why it wouldn’t show her the 1700 flight.
My questions are is MCT of 80 mins at JFK I-D too short (I think yes)
Any other suggestions ?
If I try to rebook HEL-LAS via different route ie HEL-LHR-LAS what are my chances of ORC?
Sorry if this is long winded but appreciate your time

KARFA Jul 10, 2019 6:21 am

MCT at JFK between T7 and T8 is 2 hours so unless a connection meets that it won’t be bookable.

GBT Jul 10, 2019 6:26 am

I am on AY so arriving into T8 but still think 1 hr 20 is too short - how was I allowed to book originally ?

thebigben Jul 10, 2019 6:28 am

There's another easy route, HEL-LAX-LAS and I would personally try to claim for ORC, but I do not know if that's foolproof. Maybe someone else will be able to chime in.

Alternatively, I never have been able to route a TP run the route you're doing, so I don't know how you got it in the first place... However something like HEL-LHR-JFK-LAX-LAS is normally allowed as far as MCT and avoiding overnights goes. The bottleneck is that there's only few services between HEL and JFK, whereas with heathrow it's a lot easier.

KARFA Jul 10, 2019 6:31 am

Originally Posted by GBT (Post 31288590)
I am on AY so arriving into T8 but still think 1 hr 20 is too short - how was I allowed to book originally ?

sorry, my mistake. it would be 1 hr 15 mins in that case.

KARFA Jul 10, 2019 6:33 am

Originally Posted by thebigben (Post 31288597)
There's another easy route, HEL-LAX-LAS and I would personally try to claim for ORC, but I do not know if that's foolproof. Maybe someone else will be able to chime in.

orc is really for on the day irrops not for rebookings months out due to the inevitable aa domestic flight changes. so i don't think that would work here.

GBT Jul 10, 2019 6:35 am

My original routing is INV LHR HEL (overnight)JFK LAX LAS // LAS LAX JFK HEL LHR INV
Booked by phone on BA

GBT Jul 10, 2019 7:09 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 31288614)
orc is really for on the day irrops not for rebookings months out due to the inevitable aa domestic flight changes. so i don't think that would work here.

yes that’s what I figured through reading info on here
Still can’t work out how they managed to re book me on a flight that takes off before I land.
Looks like I will attempt to get rebooked on the 1700 (but thought I had seen MCT as 1.45) and end up on the later flight with an overnight in LAX

Andriyko Jul 10, 2019 7:25 am

If your HEL-JFK-LAX-LAS flights are on 29/10 then the issue is that even if you take the 5pm flight to LAX there are no more flights to LAS after you land at LAX. What I would do is ask to get rebooked on the direct JFK-LAS flight (AA 2836). That way you'll avoid an overnight at LAX and will only lose 40 TPs.

GBT Jul 10, 2019 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko (Post 31288768)
If your HEL-JFK-LAX-LAS flights are on 29/10 then the issue is that even if you take the 5pm flight to LAX there are no more flights to LAS after you land at LAX. What I would do is ask to get rebooked on the direct JFK-LAS flight (AA 2836). That way you'll avoid an overnight at LAX and will only lose 40 TPs.

yes just realised that - thank you - originally I was on the 2110 LAX -LAS 2229 AA1763 which no longer exists.
Only problem with JFK-LAS is no bed - call me spoilt! But don’t want to sit up for 6 hours.....

Tobias-UK Jul 10, 2019 9:01 am

Originally Posted by GBT (Post 31288906)
yes just realised that - thank you - originally I was on the 2110 LAX -LAS 2229 AA1763 which no longer exists.
Only problem with JFK-LAS is no bed - call me spoilt! But don’t want to sit up for 6 hours.....

I've lost count at the number of times I've been booked on to that flight only to find a few weeks before travel that it has been removed from the timetable.

Often1 Jul 10, 2019 9:52 am

The original ticket does not violate MCT for JFK. While it is well under SCT (Sensible Connection Time), that is a different issue.

Now that it has been cancelled, BA has an obligation to reroute you INV-LAS and that is it under EC 261/2004. Whether BA will provide ORC for a reroute this far in advance is a purely customer service issue and nothing to do with BA's obligations under the Regulation.

Markie Jul 12, 2019 11:30 am

Another pile of schedule changes for me in October - need to wade through them - some seem to make same day returns impossible.

GBT Jul 19, 2019 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 31289093)
I've lost count at the number of times I've been booked on to that flight only to find a few weeks before travel that it has been removed from the timetable.

Quick question - as this flight has been cancelled which means I am unable to reach Las Vegas for the day I am originally booked for, what are my chances of getting my hotel in LAX paid for as I will have to overnight there now.

Cymro Jul 19, 2019 10:38 am

Originally Posted by GBT (Post 31320476)

Quick question - as this flight has been cancelled which means I am unable to reach Las Vegas for the day I am originally booked for, what are my chances of getting my hotel in LAX paid for as I will have to overnight there now.

Given how late the 275 goes out, does it just mean that your tier point run has been disrupted?