FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   First Class Lounge Options LHR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1977509-first-class-lounge-options-lhr.html)

dsteveman Jul 10, 19 7:09 am

First Class Lounge Options LHR

I'll be flying out of T5 at LHR late next week and will be at the airport for nearly 7 hours. Of course, I could just go to the Concord Room, but I've heard mixed reviews. Are there any other One World First Class lounges I should check out at the airport? Am I able to go from T3 to T5 airside?

stu1985 Jul 10, 19 7:10 am

You could try Galleries First in T5 - right beside the CCR. Or you could slum it in the Business class lounge upstairs.

There's also a Business lounge over at the B gates.

No other OW lounge in T5, though.

Globaliser Jul 10, 19 7:10 am

The T5 lounges are listed in the second half of this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post28258293

As the BA First lounge shares the same floor as the Concorde Room, it's easy to shuttle backwards and forwards between the two.

dsteveman Jul 10, 19 7:13 am

Thanks for the quick replies. Assuming it's not very easy to go between T3 and T5. Probably wouldn't be worth my time.

KARFA Jul 10, 19 7:14 am

Why not try both CCR and GF? See what you think of both and form your own view. As noted they are close together.

fruitcage Jul 10, 19 7:15 am

For 7 hours (assuming your nationality / passport etc allows you to enter the UK) I would definitely consider leaving the airport and finding something more interesting to do.

sammyg901 Jul 10, 19 7:20 am

Originally Posted by dsteveman (Post 31288546)
Thanks for the quick replies. Assuming it's not very easy to go between T3 and T5. Probably wouldn't be worth my time.

I'm sure someone will come along in a minute with some crazy scheme but essentially you can't move between the terminals to use lounges etc

corporate-wage-slave Jul 10, 19 7:21 am

Originally Posted by dsteveman (Post 31288538)
Of course, I could just go to the Concord Room, but I've heard mixed reviews.

Well I would suggest trying it for yourself, for all the comments that some of the usual suspects come up with, it's really down to you and your experience that counts. And for all their chunterings, it remains the one lounge in the whole of Flyertalk where every monthly menu change gets rapidly put online and scrutinised. It must be doing something right, access to CCR T5 is keenly sought by many.

Having said that, you have 5 airside and perhaps 1 landside lounge to try out in T5. Moreover if you have the right of entry into the UK then you have a good amount of time to go to Windsor or South Kensington for a few hours pottering around, which if the weather is nice is probably a better option. Plenty to see and do at both locations and both are about 30 minutes from T5 each way.

dsteveman Jul 10, 19 7:51 am

Remove lounge invitation

Looks like CCR is the way to go. Excited to try it out! I may consider heading to the city (dependent on weather) but the plan is to get some work done in the lounge before departure.

darthlemsip Jul 10, 19 7:59 am

If you have an Amex Platinum card, you can also use the Plaza Premium lounge in T5, which is pretty nice and has been pretty empty whenever Iíve tried it.

Thereís an Aspire lounge to if you have Priority Pass, but Iíve never tried it.

Both non-OW options of course

thatflyer Jul 10, 19 8:20 am

I wouldn't listen to the naysayers (I am one of them though!).

If it is your first time I would use the CCR. If going through T5 don't forget to use the First Class checkin to the far right - it ensures you walk straight into the First lounge. I wouldn't stay there - it is usually packed with business travellers and the food is limited even if you order and don't get the buffet.

Exit left and walk straight into CCR. Get a dining table in one of those stupid enclosed booths and order food and drinks. If it is your first time - it is nice and fun and relaxing. Make the most of it.

I wouldn't bother with wasting your time trying other things.

armouredant Jul 10, 19 9:02 am

There's always Airport Bowl just a short bus ride away.

dsteveman Jul 10, 19 9:17 am

Originally Posted by armouredant (Post 31288893)
There's always Airport Bowl just a short bus ride away.

😂

dsteveman Jul 10, 19 9:20 am

Originally Posted by thatflyer (Post 31288754)
I wouldn't listen to the naysayers (I am one of them though!).

If it is your first time I would use the CCR. If going through T5 don't forget to use the First Class checkin to the far right - it ensures you walk straight into the First lounge. I wouldn't stay there - it is usually packed with business travellers and the food is limited even if you order and don't get the buffet.

Exit left and walk straight into CCR. Get a dining table in one of those stupid enclosed booths and order food and drinks. If it is your first time - it is nice and fun and relaxing. Make the most of it.

I wouldn't bother with wasting your time trying other things.

Yes, I haven't been to CCR yet so I'll definitely try out what you recommend. Just want a quiet place with food and drinks and a place to get some work done before flying off to ATL

WingsAroundtheWorld Jul 10, 19 9:25 am

Or go for a swim in the pool at High Wycombe just along the motorway - I've done that a few times during long layovers!