Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Lounge Options LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro | United Premier Platinum
First Class Lounge Options LHR

I'll be flying out of T5 at LHR late next week and will be at the airport for nearly 7 hours. Of course, I could just go to the Concord Room, but I've heard mixed reviews. Are there any other One World First Class lounges I should check out at the airport? Am I able to go from T3 to T5 airside?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
You could try Galleries First in T5 - right beside the CCR. Or you could slum it in the Business class lounge upstairs.

There's also a Business lounge over at the B gates.

No other OW lounge in T5, though.
nancypants and dsteveman like this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
The T5 lounges are listed in the second half of this post: BA Lounge Database | United Kingdom

As the BA First lounge shares the same floor as the Concorde Room, it's easy to shuttle backwards and forwards between the two.
dsteveman likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro | United Premier Platinum
Thanks for the quick replies. Assuming it's not very easy to go between T3 and T5. Probably wouldn't be worth my time.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Why not try both CCR and GF? See what you think of both and form your own view. As noted they are close together.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Silver
For 7 hours (assuming your nationality / passport etc allows you to enter the UK) I would definitely consider leaving the airport and finding something more interesting to do.
orbitmic, nancypants and Tredders like this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by dsteveman
Thanks for the quick replies. Assuming it's not very easy to go between T3 and T5. Probably wouldn't be worth my time.
I'm sure someone will come along in a minute with some crazy scheme but essentially you can't move between the terminals to use lounges etc
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dsteveman
Of course, I could just go to the Concord Room, but I've heard mixed reviews.
Well I would suggest trying it for yourself, for all the comments that some of the usual suspects come up with, it's really down to you and your experience that counts. And for all their chunterings, it remains the one lounge in the whole of Flyertalk where every monthly menu change gets rapidly put online and scrutinised. It must be doing something right, access to CCR T5 is keenly sought by many.

Having said that, you have 5 airside and perhaps 1 landside lounge to try out in T5. Moreover if you have the right of entry into the UK then you have a good amount of time to go to Windsor or South Kensington for a few hours pottering around, which if the weather is nice is probably a better option. Plenty to see and do at both locations and both are about 30 minutes from T5 each way.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Remove lounge invitation

Looks like CCR is the way to go. Excited to try it out! I may consider heading to the city (dependent on weather) but the plan is to get some work done in the lounge before departure.

Last edited by Prospero; Jul 10, 2019 at 10:15 am Reason: Remove lounge invitation
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
If you have an Amex Platinum card, you can also use the Plaza Premium lounge in T5, which is pretty nice and has been pretty empty whenever I’ve tried it.

There’s an Aspire lounge to if you have Priority Pass, but I’ve never tried it.

Both non-OW options of course
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: BA - Gold, EK - Gold
I wouldn't listen to the naysayers (I am one of them though!).

If it is your first time I would use the CCR. If going through T5 don't forget to use the First Class checkin to the far right - it ensures you walk straight into the First lounge. I wouldn't stay there - it is usually packed with business travellers and the food is limited even if you order and don't get the buffet.

Exit left and walk straight into CCR. Get a dining table in one of those stupid enclosed booths and order food and drinks. If it is your first time - it is nice and fun and relaxing. Make the most of it.

I wouldn't bother with wasting your time trying other things.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: BA GGL
There's always Airport Bowl just a short bus ride away.
NoTiersForMe likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armouredant
There's always Airport Bowl just a short bus ride away.
😂
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thatflyer
I wouldn't listen to the naysayers (I am one of them though!).

If it is your first time I would use the CCR. If going through T5 don't forget to use the First Class checkin to the far right - it ensures you walk straight into the First lounge. I wouldn't stay there - it is usually packed with business travellers and the food is limited even if you order and don't get the buffet.

Exit left and walk straight into CCR. Get a dining table in one of those stupid enclosed booths and order food and drinks. If it is your first time - it is nice and fun and relaxing. Make the most of it.

I wouldn't bother with wasting your time trying other things.
Yes, I haven't been to CCR yet so I'll definitely try out what you recommend. Just want a quiet place with food and drinks and a place to get some work done before flying off to ATL
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Star Alliance Silver
Or go for a swim in the pool at High Wycombe just along the motorway - I've done that a few times during long layovers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.