Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does FlyBE + Virgin = Alternative to BA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 4:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Virgin have a constant instant gold with one flight through our corporate travel agent. Once all the jets go I can’t see the appeal of flying from GLA/EDI to MAN for a transatlantic flight on a Flybe prop plane. Potentially more options via AMS/CDG but flymaybe don’t get their name for no reason and I suspect the novelty will wear off after a few missed connections,

Dont think BA need to worry just yet
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Virgin have a constant instant gold with one flight through our corporate travel agent. Once all the jets go I can’t see the appeal of flying from GLA/EDI to MAN for a transatlantic flight on a Flybe prop plane. Potentially more options via AMS/CDG but flymaybe don’t get their name for no reason and I suspect the novelty will wear off after a few missed connections,

Dont think BA need to worry just yet
I don't think there's anything good to say about flymaybe. It's a carrier of last resort for me. After all the work Virgin has done to iron their operational issues out, it seems silly to tarnish the brand with flybe and its issues.
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by ajamieson
And no mention of LON-NQY where they put the existing operator out of business by offering ridiculously low fares then jacked them up the moment it ceased operations. This alone means I have no sympathy for anything that happens to Flybe or its staff.
I agree although they aren't by any means the only carrier to use similar tactics, BA included.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by brithk
They just status matched me to Gold but you do need to send them your last few months flying history and also have an upcoming booking in PE or Upper Class.
Obviously if your history involves no VIrgin routes they might be less willing
That's me stuffed then. I thought about them for HKG last time, but the issue is if their a/c goes tech I'm a but stuffed, whereas I presume if my BA ride does so, I have additional BA and also even other OW options, so I'm probably flying out same day still.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.