Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictorial Lounge Review: AMS British Airways Lounge

Pictorial Lounge Review: AMS British Airways Lounge

Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by justin_krusty
I was just in there this afternoon at 330pm and thought the food was below the normal average here. The pasta salad was there (nothing to get excited about) but the sliced meat and cheese was missing...
Well my gast is well and truly flabbered!

Originally Posted by justin_krusty
... No packets of crisps like Ive often had, instead big open bowls of crisps. Wondered why Id bothered.
I wonder if this topic might offer an explanation of why: Acceptable amount to steal from the Galleries Lounge

When remove packets of them by the handful, it really will not surprise me if crisps-in-bowls become necessary.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Gold; TK Elite; Hilton Gold; Radisson Rewards Gold; Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Thanks for the photo, I'm in AMS at least once a month and I have never seen that spread before! I have seen everything in those photographs except the salads and grapes. I wonder what time you visit if those items are out each time you visit? I always take the morning or early afternoon flights, I wonder if the additional items appear for the evening departures?
I always take the late evening flights back home... Probably why I'm used to seeing that spread...
Tobias-UK and KARFA like this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: Confirmed
I am pleasant that everything worked, even the lift and the coffee machine.

BA at its best. And the UK.

Last edited by Prospero; Sep 7, 2019 at 10:25 am Reason: Remove full quote of post #1
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL & Gfl, LH Senator, Marriott Plat Prem, AA GLD
AMS Lounge Food & Bev Upgrade

Normally I avoid the AMS Lounge, however I pleasantly surprised when i visited today. There is a significant improvement in the food service with salads, various sandwiches, better soup and dips. The beverages have also changed with more wine and beer offerings. Wasn't able to get pictures as my phone had died. I am sure someone else will. The serving area is now a bit crowed but the a vast improvement on before.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Was there yesterday afternoon and agree it is materially better. A couscous salad, quinoa salad, hummous, crudites, leaf salad, some (primary school packed lunch) sandwiches, better cheese, crisps. And they still have the dutch pepperami. I didn't notice the better drinks, although the delicious chocolate drink is no more...Either way, one can now have a reasonable (and surprisingly healthy) pre-flight nosh.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I’m not an AMS regular but due there next in September so am pleased to hear of these improvements.

Can recall a very lengthy thread a while back (linked below) when - in common with several others - I was critical of the lounge’s F & B offering at the time.

Seriously - Is this a premium offering?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
This is good news ! Considering the number of BA flights, this is an upgrade on the previous offering of peperami style snack / crisps
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
BiFi and stroopwaffel is a highlight of any visit to AMS, I hope these are retained.
volar likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
This is good news ! Considering the number of BA flights, this is an upgrade on the previous offering of peperami style snack / crisps
Quite, as my dear departed dad used to say: "about bloody time"!
nancypants, mikeyfly and greg5 like this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
I didn't notice the better drinks, although the delicious chocolate drink is no more
Noooooo! Don't tell me the Chocomel has been enhanced away!
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Maybe you win some and you lose some. Better food than only BiFi and cake is a welcome idea.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flatlander
Maybe you win some and you lose some. Better food than only BiFi and cake is a welcome idea.
I guess, plus hopefully the Aspire lounge next door still has it...
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Noooooo! Don't tell me the Chocomel has been enhanced away!
Damn! that chocolate drink is the best!
groenroos and TheJayHatch like this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
AMS was the only lounge where I intentionally used the Priority Pass lounge next door instead of the BA lounge
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Originally Posted by Duck1981
AMS was the only lounge where I intentionally used the Priority Pass lounge next door instead of the BA lounge
Except it's always full & they won't let you in! Well it's what I find anyhow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.