BA domestic O class in South Africa

Reply

Old Jul 9, 19, 2:04 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SYD
Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Gold, IHG Plat, HH Diamond
Posts: 364
BA domestic O class in South Africa

Some of the published O class fares for domestic South Africa have the following rules:

RU.RULE APPLICATION
FOR OSALE TYPE FARES
ONE WAY ECONOMY SPECIAL FARES WITHIN SOUTH AFRICA
APPLICATION
AREA
THESE FARES APPLY
WITHIN SOUTH AFRICA.
CLASS OF SERVICE
THESE FARES APPLY FOR ECONOMY CLASS SERVICE.
TYPES OF TRANSPORTATION
FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE CAN BE USED TO CREATE
ROUND-TRIP/CIRCLE-TRIP JOURNEYS.
CAPACITY LIMITATIONS
SEATS ARE LIMITED
OTHER CONDITIONS
THESE FARES ARE SUBJECT TO SEATS BEING AVAILABLE
ON BRITISH AIRWAYS DOMESTIC SERVICES.
EXECUTIVE CLUB AIR MILES CANNOT BE EARNED ON THIS
FARE TYPE


Has anyone flown one of these fares and had the flight post as normal to their BAEC account?
madrooster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 19, 2:46 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,376
What does the BA.com calculator say for that route?
ENTP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 19, 2:48 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SYD
Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Gold, IHG Plat, HH Diamond
Posts: 364
Originally Posted by ENTP View Post
What does the BA.com calculator say for that route?
The BA calculator says it earns. However I have found a few scenarios where the calculator is wrong.

I should add that not every O class fare has the quoted rule.
madrooster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 19, 3:01 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 221
Originally Posted by madrooster View Post
Some of the published O class fares for domestic South Africa have the following rules:

RU.RULE APPLICATION
FOR OSALE TYPE FARES
ONE WAY ECONOMY SPECIAL FARES WITHIN SOUTH AFRICA
APPLICATION
AREA
THESE FARES APPLY
WITHIN SOUTH AFRICA.
CLASS OF SERVICE
THESE FARES APPLY FOR ECONOMY CLASS SERVICE.
TYPES OF TRANSPORTATION
FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE CAN BE USED TO CREATE
ROUND-TRIP/CIRCLE-TRIP JOURNEYS.
CAPACITY LIMITATIONS
SEATS ARE LIMITED
OTHER CONDITIONS
THESE FARES ARE SUBJECT TO SEATS BEING AVAILABLE
ON BRITISH AIRWAYS DOMESTIC SERVICES.
EXECUTIVE CLUB AIR MILES CANNOT BE EARNED ON THIS
FARE TYPE


Has anyone flown one of these fares and had the flight post as normal to their BAEC account?
I can't imagine BA's IT is even vaguely good enough to enforce this hidden rule...
cauchy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 19, 4:51 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: London
Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Posts: 35,237
For various reasons I had to dig very deep to find out what my experience has been. And I can't now be 100% sure that any O clas fare that I have flown on has had this provision, because although I have seen it in the notes in EF fare listings, it does not appear on ITA and the ITA rules are the ones I usually save. But given the number I've done over the years, and the amount of time that this provision has been knocking around, I think that I very probably have done.

What I have been able to check for the last half a dozen years or so is that I have not in that time had an O class ZA domestic that did not earn frequent flyer miles, with BA or QF (to which I have often credited these occasional single sectors if paid in cash).
Globaliser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 19, 8:56 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SYD
Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Gold, IHG Plat, HH Diamond
Posts: 364
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
For various reasons I had to dig very deep to find out what my experience has been. And I can't now be 100% sure that any O clas fare that I have flown on has had this provision, because although I have seen it in the notes in EF fare listings, it does not appear on ITA and the ITA rules are the ones I usually save. But given the number I've done over the years, and the amount of time that this provision has been knocking around, I think that I very probably have done.

What I have been able to check for the last half a dozen years or so is that I have not in that time had an O class ZA domestic that did not earn frequent flyer miles, with BA or QF (to which I have often credited these occasional single sectors if paid in cash).
Thank you for checking your history. I suspected as much that it's not enforced.
madrooster is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread